Notes about Hostile Detection (using a ring for example)

Vortaka

Hi everyone!

Well, this morning, I tried to do what MofoMojo did for Skyrim (that I modded a little for my preferences), as a ring/item that "detects" enemies with a little color cloud, or something...

Not being that great and more importantly, not having the official tools, I failed, of course, BUT I did find some interesting points and with the tools, everything will be possible!

- The shaders are still unknown in Fo4Edit and I cannot play with the colors or distribution (number of particles and the like)... So, I cannot make them fully visible and red... The particle cloud is good now, but not that great!

- Tests where done using berry mentats... I was unable to link it directly to an item... MofoMojo did it using scripts and I think I will need the same! So, official tools required!

- Also to note that I removed the "must be alive" condition so I can find the dead! But, when I loot them, they still light up! Maybe a script telling them to stop reacting when they are itemless or simply, when they become itemless, they are simply removed... Possibilities are enldess, with the right scripts! :(

Keep your eyes open for the scripts and shaders!

Vortaka

I too tried to make a detection ring to no avail testing the berry mentats and the 3 other detect spells, im now looking into Glowmaps to give objects a changable color and intensity glow in Nifscope and photoshop like HerpHerp2332's Bobblehead and magazine glows.

Cool! But that goes over my qualifications! :p

Currently, I'm playing with no "addictiveness" berry mantats and the only thing really troubling me if the inability to modify the shaders... The light purple color isn't already visible and usually even hard to see (for me anyway!).

But I don't know how to mod those... FO4Edit doesn't seems to know too much about them yet...

Yeah me too, this has been my first time working with retexturing and hex code, im too used to being pampered by FO3's Geck haha but its always fun to learn this stuff, certainly learned quite a bit already