Make objects (junk) static so they stay in shelves, tables, etc.

pinkytwist

So imagine me, spending about 4 hours decorating my settlement's houses with all the junk I picked out from all around the wasteland, making a kitchen, putting pots, cans, plates, bottles in shelves and tables, decorate the rooms with flower vases, picture frames, cigars and all those little things to give that feeling that people actually live on those places, only to load the game the next day and find all of those meticulously placed objects all over the floor or halfway through shelves and other surfaces. It's not even fun to build settlements anymore because I can't properly decorate them.

I'm not sure if it's even possible, but I would love a mod that would make these objects static, so settlers or you don't knock them accidentally and hopefully they won't clip through the furniture anymore (I noticed lamps from build mode stay in place).

Is this something that is going to be possible? If not now, maybe in the future? I'm not the only one with this problem, am I? :sad:

Edited by pinkytwist

I'm pretty sure it was a skyrim mod at one point, and a fallout 3 one if I'm not mistake, so I'm sure it'll be done at some point, probably post GECK.

And you're not alone, I hate it too. Codsworth is not allowed in my workshop for exactly this reason...

How long do you think it will take for them to release the tools?

I would totally d'load this instantly if it was made!

I've just done exactly the same as you and spent a stupid amount of hours decorating Home Plate, only to return later and everything had sunk into the tables...grrrrr

I'm now wondering if there are some of the more 'decor' items already in game but static versions.....and if i ever see any i'll be noting down their ID so i can console spawn them in.....least then my house won't be so bare.

I'm also going to play around a bit more with how i place them (grab, buildmode or console postioning), see if any of that helps.

But i really hope someone does this soon :D

I'm also going to play around a bit more with how i place them (grab, buildmode or console postioning), see if any of that helps.

I tried that because I read that if you would use the grab option instead of going into build mode, the objects wouldn't sink anymore, but it's not true. :( At least not for me. I don't understand why things like shelves exist if we can't properly place anything in there.

I'm sure it can't be done pre-geck and am sure it will be done post-geck. Just got to wait. I'm with you, I can't wait for it to be done.

See, i'm not sure. Does FOEdit not let you change things like that? I'm thinking of having a look myself haha

I tried that because I read that if you would use the grab option instead of going into build mode, the objects wouldn't sink anymore, but it's not true. :sad: At least not for me. I don't understand why things like shelves exist if we can't properly place anything in there.

Yeh, i think it was working for consoles but not PC for some reason which totally sucks! I'm suprised there's not a console command to freeze items in place....hell i can freeze an NPC but can't stop my vases flying all over the room? ha

I'm sure it can't be done pre-geck and am sure it will be done post-geck. Just got to wait. I'm with you, I can't wait for it to be done.

See, i'm not sure. Does FOEdit not let you change things like that? I'm thinking of having a look myself haha

Yes, please do! :tongue: