Settlement build zone adjustment tutorial for FO4edit

jet4571

Adjusting the green box that makes the buildable zone for settlements is really easy.

1. Find your settlement location in the Commonwealth WorldSpace. (you can find them quickly through the Location section such as Tenpines Bluff, find that in the locations and you copy the FormID 0000DD52 found in Farm01MaleBostonRef [ACHR:0009B1A9] (places Farm01MaleBoston "Settler" [NPC_:00155252] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of TenPinesBluff [CELL:0000DD52] (in Commonwealth "Commonwealth" [WRLD:0000003C] at -6,21)) and paste into the FormID box in the upper left corner and hit enter to search for it.)

2. Find the DefaultEmptyTrigger with a EDID that says it is the buildable area. Example TenPinesBuildableArea01 and TenPinesBuildableArea02,

3. Copy as override into your esp or a new one.

4. Edit the XPRM - Primitive Bounds, in my example I adjusted the Z to double the build height.

5. Save and test your new build zone adjustments.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/Images/4389/

Have fun everyone!

*Edit,

11 of them are found in the persistent worldspace cell (CELL:00018AA2)

**Edit,

FO4Edit download link:

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/2737

Edited by jet4571

I can't wait to see a mod that resized all the smaller ones... I was genuinely most sad when I realized I couldn't upgrade the size of smaller bases to that of bigger ones.

I feel some, like the ones in the cities in alleyways make since to be small... but if there is open space all around me, it feels so weird to have to cram stuff right up next to my base... x.x

I wonder if this would be the base work for making new settlement locations? Has anyone tried? I know there's the one mod that uses the .bats to add a workbench but you can't please the bench and it always spawns weird. The few times I tried it the allowed area was rather large and the border was invisible too.

When I first played, before knowing that settlements were only allowed in the spots that Beth said so, I found this one spot, just a little ways south of Oberland Station where the tracks are on a bridge over the road. I thought that would make a fun settlement location. Was so disappointed when I couldn't build there naturally.

4. Edit the XPRM - Primitive Bounds, in my example I adjusted the Z to double the build height. *remove the build height

Time to build a sky base so tall that you can see it from New Vegas.

I wonder if this would be the base work for making new settlement locations? Has anyone tried? I know there's the one mod that uses the .bats to add a workbench but you can't please the bench and it always spawns weird. The few times I tried it the allowed area was rather large and the border was invisible too.

When I first played, before knowing that settlements were only allowed in the spots that Beth said so, I found this one spot, just a little ways south of Oberland Station where the tracks are on a bridge over the road. I thought that would make a fun settlement location. Was so disappointed when I couldn't build there naturally.

There's a lot of missing values still. It would be extremely difficult to do such a thing. Especially with most of the values that appear to be stuck in hex still.

Making new settlement locations without the CK is theoretically possible but it will be a massive undertaking to get everything working correct. Even now with this tutorial it is guesswork for how it will look in the game. Then there's the radiant quests for settlements, any pre-CK settlement mod will not have them because that will require scripting and adjusting the quests.

@ShinraStrife, Yeah you could do that but you would probably hit the skybox.