Settlement build zone adjustment tutorial for FO4edit

jet4571

Both of those sound incredibly unlikely. The activator being adjusted has nothing to do with power armor and cannot add items to someone's inventory. It's sole purpose is simply to say "you cannot place items beyond this point when building a settlement.". Something else must be changing power armor and the random items sounds like someone wasn't paying attention when they looted something and found a random item later. I cannot tell you how many times I opened my inventory and had no clue where something came from like that pipe pistol I found earlier.

Both of those sound incredibly unlikely. The activator being adjusted has nothing to do with power armor and cannot add items to someone's inventory. It's sole purpose is simply to say "you cannot place items beyond this point when building a settlement.". Something else must be changing power armor and the random items sounds like someone wasn't paying attention when they looted something and found a random item later. I cannot tell you how many times I opened my inventory and had no clue where something came from like that pipe pistol I found earlier.

I know it sounds bat s*** crazy. I said the same thing until I removed the data and it no longer occured.

It seems there is a bug in the game engine, that resets all FURN (which includes PA frames) within a CELL, if a CELL is modified via esp. Seen this come up several times in other mod discussions...

Perhaps a strange question but as a inexperienced modder, I'm hoping you can share some insight. Any idea how one might tag an interior cell to make it work under a workshop. So for example what I am trying to achieve is make the Sanctuary root cellar (SanctuaryBasementJahani "Root Cellar" [CELL:000A36EA]) work under the functions of the Sanctuary workshop.

That's why my power armors were reset to T45 yesterday... all of them. All modifications removed and just plain blank starter PA... Guess I have to store them in a settlement I never touch :O

Yea, editing worldspace cells right now is a bit of a no-no. There's so many incomplete definitions it's bound to cause corruption later.

That's why my power armors were reset to T45 yesterday... all of them. All modifications removed and just plain blank starter PA... Guess I have to store them in a settlement I never touch :O

Yea, editing worldspace cells right now is a bit of a no-no. There's so many incomplete definitions it's bound to cause corruption later.

Would adding items to cells be possible? I am almost done making a few magazines that I want to place at various pubs and bars and need a way to get them in there.

Would adding items to cells be possible? I am almost done making a few magazines that I want to place at various pubs and bars and need a way to get them in there.

Without official editor the easiest way is to place your items near existing ones and slightly adjust (X,Y,Z).

Find some object on a table for example where you want to put your stuff, click on it in console and remember FormID. Load your plugin in xEdit, enter FormID field into search field (left top corner), make sure that found REFR record is not persistent, then copy it as new record into your plugin. Replace "NAME - Base Object" with your item, adjust position/rotation, and remove any other subrecords if any, also clear Record Flags too is there is something set just in case. Your REFR record should only contain NAME and DATA subrecords.

Edited by zilav