Workshop Menu Icons

Deleted2746547User

The items used by the recipes in your new categories need to have their Transform field set.

For example, in one of my mods I added the BOS Barricade under the category "Brotherhood of Steel". The workshop recipe sets the Created Object (CNAM) to BOSBarricadeBase01 "Barricade" [sTAT:000E0F8C]. Go to the entry in the Static group and you'll see the PTRN (Transform) sub-record is not filled. This controls the images used by menus for the created items. For the workbenches, not setting this will cause the menus to not allow you to exit, and with the workshop menu you will see nothing.

Any new static objects you add as options under the workshop menu will most likely not have their Transform sub-record set to anything. What I did was create a new Transforms for different sizes, and then applied them to the static object records.

Adding the transform to the static object:

RA9qtsY.jpg

Creating the transform:

3aZ0gmx.jpg

Edited by Xylozi

The items used by the recipes in your new categories need to have their Transform field set.

For example, in one of my mods I added the BOS Barricade under the category "Brotherhood of Steel". The workshop recipe sets the Created Object (CNAM) to BOSBarricadeBase01 "Barricade" [sTAT:000E0F8C]. Go to the entry in the Static group and you'll see the PTRN (Transform) sub-record is not filled. This controls the images used by menus for the created items. For the workbenches, not setting this will cause the menus to not allow you to exit, and with the workshop menu you will see nothing.

Any new static objects you add as options under the workshop menu will most likely not have their Transform sub-record set to anything. What I did was create a new Transforms for different sizes, and then applied them to the static object records.

RA9qtsY.jpg

Creating the transform:

3aZ0gmx.jpg

YOU ROCK! THANK YOU.

RA9qtsY.jpg

Creating the transform:

3aZ0gmx.jpg

Can I ask you two quick follow up questions?

1.) Is there a way to tell what the effects of the numbers mean in the transform? That is I have a very large object (a building) I'm placing but I can't find what in those numbers effects size.

2.) On some of my weapon recipes - the image of the weapon does not show up --- but works for most of the others. Can you think of a cause?

By the way, thank you for the advice on the HxD --- trying to poke around and figure out what I need to change....THANKS for your help!

1. I'm not totally sure, but I think the two fields with 0.250000 are scale, or at least changing them scales the object to a percentage of it's standard size.

2. I think this is just a side-effect of the way the game handles weapons now. The base weapon is no longer a complete weapon, modifications are added after to form the full weapon. For some weapons this works fine since the modifications only add a model on top, whereas others might require a modification for the barrel to show. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be an easy way to add modifications onto a weapon as a output of a recipe, or at least not until we get the GECK.

1. I'm not totally sure, but I think the two fields with 0.250000 are scale, or at least changing them scales the object to a percentage of it's standard size.

2. I think this is just a side-effect of the way the game handles weapons now. The base weapon is no longer a complete weapon, modifications are added after to form the full weapon. For some weapons this works fine since the modifications only add a model on top, whereas others might require a modification for the barrel to show. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be an easy way to add modifications onto a weapon as a output of a recipe, or at least not until we get the GECK.

I just wanted to make sure I wasn't doing anything wrong. Thank you again so much... I really appreciate your advice and help.

Still trying to figure out the hex edit part (grrrr) but at least I'm on the right track. Have an absolutely amazing day my friend!