New/Better Shotgun Mods

Maleficus04

TLDR at the bottom.

After having played through various parts of the game with all of the various weapons, I can say that I'm very disappointed in the capabilities of the shotgun-type weapons. Yes, they're great for shooting people at melee range and slightly further out, but when going from 10-15 feet to 25 feet suddenly drops your damage to around 1/8 or less of what it was, something is wrong.

I'm looking for someone to make a mod that either increases the range/accuracy benefit for the current long barrel-type mods for shotguns, or adding completely new ones. I've seen a few mods out that have added completely new mods and edited old ones with various stats, so I'm pretty certain it's possible, I just don't have the knowledge to do it myself just yet.

I'm not sure if it will even make a difference, to be honest, after using the plasma rifle with a beam splitter, having over 100 range/accuracy and still having the gun suck at medium range. It's almost like they put a percentage-based damage reduction on all shotgun style weapons, regardless of stats. Either way, I'd love to see if it would help.

TLDR:

I'm requesting new and/or edited weapon mods for shotguns to make their range and accuracy better, in the hopes of making them better at medium range. Thanks in advance to anyone who helps.

Edited by Maleficus04

yes, i agree too.

I tried to increase the range of shotgun by 50%, but i couldnt find the line to do so.

Maybe a reveiver mod tha turns to shotgun into a .45cal rifle, sacrificing the spread and a bit of dmg to have a decent hunting rifle ( As seen in james Bond : Skyfall if you struggle to imagine what i mean )

Im trying to mod this but i cant find anything.

yes, i agree too.

I tried to increase the range of shotgun by 50%, but i couldnt find the line to do so.

Maybe a reveiver mod tha turns to shotgun into a .45cal rifle, sacrificing the spread and a bit of dmg to have a decent hunting rifle ( As seen in james Bond : Skyfall if you struggle to imagine what i mean )

Im trying to mod this but i cant find anything.

I'm all for having a slug receiver as an option, but my main goal is to have a normal, pellet-load firing shotgun that has a better effective range. There are already several non-spread options to use if I just wanted a longer ranged weapon.

Just in case any one was still looking, I found 2 mods that do a pretty good job of what I was asking for.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/3957/?

This is just for the Double Barrel, currently, but good none-the-less

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/2463/?

This rebalances most of the weapons in the game to give them all more of a purpose, on top of making both ballistic shotguns (not sure about beam-split energy weapons) better at range. They should be close to equivalent to pistols at range with this.