How To Reset

omicroniangeek

When I started adding mods I did it the manual way. Then I added Nexus Mod Manager and started adding things.

Some mods would not work, and I was not sure. I figured maybe some of the manual ones have been conflicting. So I have removed all mods from NMM and have tried to remove all files from the Fallout4 folder but reshade seems to still be active, and just seems that I can't get it clean.

Verifying integrity of game cache does not seem to do much. I also would rather not remove the entire game data and re-download as it is quite a large download. How can I get Fallout 4 back to a clean install?

A completely clean install is (to the best of my knowledge, I'm by no means an expert) the best way to do this.

If you want to keep your saves, make a back-up of them somewhere and add them into the save folder once you've reinstalled. They won't carry any of the mod files over, but wether they will start up and run okay is another matter. The chance that there will be an issue is low, but when modding there is always a risk.

Once you've made your completely clean install, you may also want to make a back-up so that if you decide to reinstall in future, or even just want to do some messing around with files and the like, you can do so without too much worry of having to go redownload if anything goes wrong. Also, before messing with any files, maybe make a seperate back-up of those also.

Edited by HamPstOr