Skyrim: FEED (Lore-Friendly apocalypse survival) (Ideas wanted)

Talonflight

So, I'm at the drawing board right now for an actual Lore-Friendly apocalypse revolving around the concept of "What if Alduin won?" Now, most of my mods have been smaller projects; a small non-imaginative player home behind a waterfall, and an unvoiced follower all for personal use because I'm a little too shy to reveal them on the nexus xD But now, after playing a bit of the Fallout New Vegas: DUST mod, I got a bit inspired to do a little thing of my own.

So, this post is for anyone who has ideas for the thing, or would like to suggest anything to me about it. I'm all ears. This will sort of be my "Drawing Board" for ideas while I start toying with buildings and whatnot.

The general concept I want to go with is Feeding on souls; hence the FEED title. The currency would be Souls, like in the Soul Cairn. The highest tier of weapons would be the Bound Weapons, which would be renamed to Soul Weapons. Dragonshouts will be replaced with individual powers (similar to racial powers, but you can only have one power at a time!). Most importantly, the player will NOT be the Dragonborn; the REAL Dragonborn will have died, devoured by Alduin.

The general setting will be a hellish mix of Sovengarde, Skyrim, and the Soul Cairn, with ruins and deadly mutated creatures walking the land.

Whiterun - The city itself has been burnt to ashes, a large crater resting where once the proud city stood. The inhabitants are long gone, devoured by dragons. Only the Dungeons will remain intact, and there will be a couple survivors hiding down there. The crater of ruins itself will be populated by spiders, with a boss-level black spectre wielding the Ebony Blade wandering the ruins. For the surrounding areas, one thing I've toyed with is Soulstorms, raging maelstroms that have a small chance to ragdoll any actors inside them as well as slowly damage magicka and health. With such wide, open places with little shelter, this would be a good location to implement them.

Falkreath - Lake Ilinalta will be filled with toxic, poison black liquid. A ferryman ghost will be here, and will offer the services of a ghostly horse who's presence will prevent the black liquid from poisoning you... but only at nighttime.

The Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary will be renamed "The Hall of Faithless Faces" and will be populated by screaming undead versions of the Dark Brotherhood. Falkreath itself will be overrun with the graveyard, and skeletons will rise up from the graves if you get too close. A "boss" in the form of the Reaper will be found inside the Jarl's Longhouse, with crossbow wielding skeletons in the upper levels. The Dead Man's Drink will be nonfunctional, though it WILL have a functioning soul vendor. This place has a closer appearance to the Soul Cairn than most places.

Windhelm - The last bastion of the survivors of mortal-kind. The only city with relatively friendly inhabitants, with Jarl Elisif and Jarl Baalgruf and Ulfric Stormcloak attempting to work together to hold the city of survivors together. Only the most hardy of survivors would have made it to the city. This is the only place to interact with people, buy supplies with souls, and possibly hire companions. With the coming of the end, even bitter enemies have had to put aside their differences and work together; Uthgerd of Whiterun, the vampires Serana and her Mother Valerica as well as Sybille Stentor, the Companions Vilkas, Aela, and Njada, Isran of the Dawnguard, and a random bunch of different guards from all holds will be in part of the ragtag security forces. The former graveyard will be repurposed into a mage training ground, where Ancano (the sole survivor of the college) gives lessons to some generic mages alongside Farengar. Civilians will be in short supply, with the Gray Quarter primarily becoming the major residential district. The homes of the formerly rich and wealthy will be torn down, the space used as war gardens to generate a small bit of food.

Solitude - a dead and ruined place with lightning being a deadly threat. No other plans. Help would be nice.

Winterhold - The grounds are patrolled by haunted Anomalies, and the town has further fallen from the cliffs, leaving only a precarious cliffside path to the college of Winterhold.

Markarth - Completely overrun with daedric warriors of Molag Bal. An endgame location. This place has an appearance similar to Coldharbor.

Riften - Overrun with spectres of greed and malice. The Ragged Flagon is now called Desire's Folly, and a ghostly Mercer Fray haunts the area. This place is similar to a haunted forest, with black mist roiling through it.

Dawnstar - Overrun with nightmarish creatures sent by Vaermina, and the air is thick with Poisonous Miasma that has a chance to inflict paralysis if you stay in it too long.

Morthal - A drowned swamp infested with a clan of vampires, who are at constant war with nightmarish creatures in the swamp.

Edited by Talonflight

Whiterun should be a smoldering crater, for one big reason: Dragonsreach. Dragonsreach is a huge insult to dragons, it would be the first place Alduin would drop a huge meteorite if he could.

There should be Alduin's throne also, for the same reason. Maybe all the Whiterun citizens would be soulless zombies in chains, whipped around by Dragonpriests or Dragon worshipers, in any case, tormented forever in limbo.

Whiterun should be a smoldering crater, for one big reason: Dragonsreach. Dragonsreach is a huge insult to dragons, it would be the first place Alduin would drop a huge meteorite if he could.

There should be Alduin's throne also, for the same reason. Maybe all the Whiterun citizens would be soulless zombies in chains, whipped around by Dragonpriests or Dragon worshipers, in any case, tormented forever in limbo.

That is a very solid point! A large, smouldering crater guarded by spiders and a black phantom wielding the Ebony Blade sounds fitting, since it is a location that Mephala has influence in. Adding this to main post.