LOOKING FOR MOD PARTNERS

Deleted2746547User

Right now, I've laid a pretty decent framework to build on:|

There are 2 ammo crafting systems that operate side by side: if you want less headache and managing case shells, primers, etc. you can pick from the X Simplified Crafting category in the Reloading bench. It treats ammo as a "resource" that can be used interchangeably. That is whenever you breakdown ammo it creates AMMO STOCK. You can craft specific ammo for your weapon from this resource. The only thing that varies is the amount needed per ammo type: a 5.56 round might be 48 Ammo Stock for 16 rounds while a .50 might be 100 Ammo Stock for the same amount. You can also create ammo stock of generic items (fertilizer, etc.).

The FNV version where you have various case sizes, primers, lead cores, gunpowder, etc.

And you can switch back and forth whenever you want between the two systems.

I also have weapons crafting and armor crafting. Right now, the item produced may vary in quality (that is, you might get a T-45 a, b, c, etc when crafting power armor or you may get a better quality rifle when crafting rifles... and so on. This has to do with the way Bethesda did armors and weapons..but I'm looking to try and make a way around before CK.

With weapons crafting (firearms, energy weapons) you can craft base components (rifle barrel, receiver, stock, etc.) or you can use weapons mods that fit those categories to make a base weapon..which you can then mod. Then main intent is to not only give you the ability to make the weapon you want, but to arm your settlers with consistent weapons and give use to all those spare mods sitting around (and to make it a bit more like real life).

Also, working on weapons breakdowns into components (rifle barrel, etc) but FO4 is giving me problems.

You have the ability to make a fusion generator to power your settlement, artillery, statues, planters and adding more content every day.

The end goal is to make the Wasteland a bit more 'real' and lived in and give the player options to not only play in the fashion that suits him but to add interesting quests, characters, the ability to mine resources like iron, fertilizer, copper, lead, etc. and introduce new features. It's also to try and bring as many things as possible under one 'roof' so it all ties together and is consistent.. Which is why I built in the ammo, weapons crafting, etc. instead of relying on a half dozen other mods to do it.. Again, sort of a mini DLC.

So, would love folks to work with to make this more expansive, interesting and detailed.

He put the link in his signature as opposed to the actual post itself, but he has all his progress including pictures up on that very first link.

Also, if I collect enough bones and a couple Deathclaw hands and a whole bunch of Deathclaw meat, can I just craft a Deathclaw at a workbench?

All in jest...

: )

Of course, I could - once I finish building the framework, split it up into modules. But honestly, even with my crafting system... they should still be able to use whatever one they want and still use this one (even if it wasn't split up) since I don't override vanilla categories or recipes. I merely add new ones in the custom crafting benches. But I am certainly open to making it modular.

Edited by Guest

Well, I know very little about scripting. But I do a lot of 3D modeling. Let me know if you need something and I'll see what I can do.

Would like to do a couple of things... one in particular is a military style backpack. Plus whatever you would like to create that you think would make the gameworld a better place or interesting.

I would suggest making it modular, so in that way, if someone really likes part A of your mod, but part C conflicts with Mod X that they really like, they won't have to choose between mods.

So like with your ammo crafting, if someone already has a mod that does that exactly how they wanted, but they really want the settlement items the way you do it and the quests you have to go along with it. If you split your mod up into 'weapons and ammo', 'settlement features', 'clothing and armor', and so on, then people can pick and choose which modules they would like to add to their game. That is the beauty of modding in my opinion.

On the other hand, having the whole set will be great for other mod users who don't want to have to go around adjusting load orders and doing hard choosing, so they will love being able to just download you whole set. So having both options would be best in my personal opinion.

This.

I would suggest making it modular, so in that way, if someone really likes part A of your mod, but part C conflicts with Mod X that they really like, they won't have to choose between mods.

So like with your ammo crafting, if someone already has a mod that does that exactly how they wanted, but they really want the settlement items the way you do it and the quests you have to go along with it. If you split your mod up into 'weapons and ammo', 'settlement features', 'clothing and armor', and so on, then people can pick and choose which modules they would like to add to their game. That is the beauty of modding in my opinion.

On the other hand, having the whole set will be great for other mod users who don't want to have to go around adjusting load orders and doing hard choosing, so they will love being able to just download you whole set. So having both options would be best in my personal opinion.

This.

?

Namaskar I was saying that making it modular is a good idea. Essentially agreeing with bacon. Making a large mod available as not only a package but also modules encourages a more polished product as well as giving more freedom to the users.

http://i.imgur.com/4i5EK.gif

I actually disagree with this. Not because it isn't nice, but because if you really want to make a lot of changes to the game, you will spend excess time making things modular. This can lead to additional bugs, supporting what amounts to multiple mods, etc. It seems like a great idea to make everything modular in concept, but in practice...unless you're only planning to do a very focused mod, it ends up hurting more than helping.

If someone really wants your X with so-and-so's Y...let them make a patch to do that. I think it'll save yourself (and your team) a lot of headache that way.

Modular makes it easier to do as a team, the CK/GECK/Construction Set does not merge mods very well so only 1 person could make changes to the main esm/esp at a time. Modular allows for team members who work on different modules at the same time, so whoever deals with weapons can be making adjustments while the guy that does armor is also making adjustments. Otherwise you would use FO4Edit to merge and that will be a pain in the backside to remember every change and hope the merge doesn't stuff things up. If he was making the mod all by himself then yeah modular is more of a hassle but in a team it makes it simpler.