FO4EDIT

mj98crabtree

can anyone tell em hwo i can edit the stats of a weapon in fo4edit? it doesnt seem to let me edit anything in it i have no clue what im doing im just trying to change the dmg of the hunting rifle, can anyone tell how i can do that?

Find the entry for the weapon you wish to edit, then right click on it and click on the button labeled "Copy as override into...". This will prompt you with where you want to copy it. Tick the new file box and enter the name of the new mod you wish to create (something as simple as "IncreasedHuntingRifleDamage").

Fold down the Fallout4.esm entry at the top of the list using the minus button and you should see your new mod in the list below it. It should have the hunting rifle entry in it. Click on that and in the View panel on the right (with all the info), scroll to the bottom and there are entries for damage, weight, etc. Right click on the damage number and click edit, put in your new damage, hit enter, done.

If you copied it as an override, that means that when the mod is loaded the entry overrides what you copied from, in this case the hunting rifle. So no, you don't have to spawn it, it should just affect all hunting rifles.

Bare in mind that the damage is calculated from more than just the damage stat on the hunting rifle, but also any perks and stats you have, and any mods on it, so the final damage won't be the same as what you entered in F04edit.

Edited by Bannock

ok my last question is can i make it so only my weapon has the dmg increase?

I would assume you would have to create a new object (record) for just you having the damage increase and not the enemies, which would mean it wouldn't be an over ride. You would have to make it a new record which basically copies what you're taking it from and creating a new object with a different ID so it's a new item.

It'll ask you are there any ID names to be removed so it doesn't conflict and you would put in the ID of the object you're copying from, a prefix and suffix if you want (optional), and then what you want to name the new item. It'll create the new item into w/e .esm you copied it to and then you'd edit the name / ID to make it unique. You bascially don't want it to have the same ID as anything to avoid conflicts. Edit whatever you want in your .esm on your new item, then spawn it in via console. I'm new to modding but that's how I'd go about it.

• 1 year later...

Please, I need help, I'm trying to make a standalone wearable super mutant armor mod, but I'm having troubles with the F04Edit side of things, I've made the new esp based on the in game Super Mutant armor, but when I go to edit it, [01] Wearable Super Mutant Armor.esp is the ONLY thing that shows up in the view window, no editable data, just that, I've been following every step to the T from this video; https://youtu.be/2a_2cMLDRcI, I don't know what I'm doing wrong, I would REALLY appreciate it if someone could help me out.

Update; Never mind, I literally just found out that someone already made what I WAS trying to make, but I could still use the help because it seems that this issue still happens to me no matter what it is I'm trying to make.

Edited by NickolaiVokorov