Hardcore Reloading

axleoo9

Hopefully someone can manage this... at least once the GECK is out. Id love to see a mod that doesn't automatically reload your gun after you swap to another one. Along with this, reloading loads a full clip from your total ammo. ex. mag holds 10 rounds, you have 20 spare rounds, fire 2 shots and reload, you now have 10 rounds left instead of 18. I'm always looking for ways to increase the difficulty, think this would be a good mechanic.

I'm looking forward to this as well, and I'm sure it'll be made eventually. I'm pretty sure it'll require scripting though, so until that becomes an option, I don't think we'll see the full idea realized.

Answering to this 'cause that'd be awesome, came to post about this and hopefully thought of the research haha! Yeah that auto reload really annoys me... Btw I still have my old habits of NV, sometimes, after big fights I check my mags... For no reason as this is hands-free auto-reloading futuristic tech apparently.

Would it really take the GECK to mod this ? (I don't know anything about real modding)

I believe wed need scripting to remove the auto reloading while swaping, so wed need the GECK. However Im not so sure about full mag reloading. Depends on how the coding is set up for reloading and the formula it uses. Im sure itll be simple enough to set up reload to always deduct the full mag amount from total ammo. Im going to attempt this part once the GECK is out since I have no idea how to use FO4edit. But it will be a pain without the first part, considering youd lose a whole mag when you swapped weapons.