guided fireballs

oc3

guided fireballs  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to see this?

Just finished searching for this and was surprised I didn't find anything. Figured someone would have made it by now. The idea is pretty simple and hopefully fairly easy for someone with scripting skills. Have a way to choose a target, then shoot a fireball which will guide to the target. This should work for moving targets or targets that are not in the cross hairs. For the latter, if you are not aiming right at the target, the fireball will curve towards the target.

It may even be possible to allow it to miss by limiting how fast it can curve, enhancing realism.

A possible way to implement locking on and firing might be the following:

1, Have the script sense when a fireball is the selected spell.

2. If it is, it will require 2 button presses to release it. The first button press would choose the target directly under the crosshairs.

This should be pretty fun and entertaining to see your fireballs chase distant moving enemies like imps.

Do you REALLY want your enemies to have target-seeking spells? After all, they have the same magic abilities you do. Personally i like to be able to dodge incoming fireballs ... I have no wish to be toast!

Thanks for all of the replies so far. I may try Midas Magic, but I think it would be good to have a guided fireball and possibly frost mod that is a standalone for those that do not wish to use a major majic overhaul like those mentioned. My fear is that they are too complicated and cumbersome. As far as being comcerned about your enemies having guided fireballs, that would not happen. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but that would be on a different script. The enemy would not be able to use a button combo to select target and then release fireball.

In FM you can turn on/off all spells (each one is allowed/blocked separately), so if you don't want enemies to use magic charges just turn'em off in the ini. This spell will still be available to a player.

But yes, FM is comlicated.

Edited by Nealus