[HELP] Having some trouble exporting HUD flash file

Deleted4077875User

Hey everyone. I'm currently in the process of making a Vault Girl mod for Fallout 4, and so far it has been going smoothly. However, when I export my modified hudmenu file as an SWF it will give some errors and using the file will cause the game to crash. I've been able to edit stuff like perk and status animations with no problem. I'm guessing it might be a problem with Flash CS6. I've seen some people make mods that edit the hud so I was wondering someone could help me.

Here is a link to the modifed hudmenu file as FLA: http://www.mediafire.com/download/6g8bof8apllm8z2/hudmenu.fla

I'm decompiling the SWF files with JPEXS Free Flash Decompiler: https://www.free-decompiler.com/flash/download/

I'm editing the flash files using Adobe CS6

I'm getting errors saying that there is conflicting uses of the name "MarkerIcon_MC".

Also a list of warnings:

WARNING: Text field variable names are not supported in ActionScript 3.0. The variable '(' used for the text field 'textField_tf' will not be exported.
WARNING: Text field variable names are not supported in ActionScript 3.0. The variable '(' used for the text field 'Icon_tf' will not be exported.
WARNING: Text field variable names are not supported in ActionScript 3.0. The variable 'd' used for the text field 'Distance_tf' will not be exported.
WARNING: Text field variable names are not supported in ActionScript 3.0. The variable 'd' used for the text field 'Distance_tf' will not be exported.
WARNING: Text field variable names are not supported in ActionScript 3.0. The variable '��' used for the text field 'MessageText_tf' will not be exported.
WARNING: Text field variable names are not supported in ActionScript 3.0. The variable '(' used for the text field 'ObjectiveMessage_tf' will not be exported.
WARNING: Text field variable names are not supported in ActionScript 3.0. The variable '��' used for the text field 'textField' will not be exported.
WARNING: Text field variable names are not supported in ActionScript 3.0. The variable '(' used for the text field 'StealthTextInstance' will not be exported.
WARNING: Text field variable names are not supported in ActionScript 3.0. The variable 'd' used for the text field 'ItemName_tf' will not be exported.
WARNING: Text field variable names are not supported in ActionScript 3.0. The variable '(' used for the text field 'textField_tf' will not be exported.
WARNING: Text field variable names are not supported in ActionScript 3.0. The variable 'd' used for the text field 'RADS_tf' will not be exported.
WARNING: Text field variable names are not supported in ActionScript 3.0. The variable 'd' used for the text field 'RadsNumber_tf' will not be exported.
WARNING: Text field variable names are not supported in ActionScript 3.0. The variable '��' used for the text field 'SubtitleText_tf' will not be exported.
WARNING: Text field variable names are not supported in ActionScript 3.0. The variable 'd' used for the text field 'AvailableCount_tf' will not be exported.
WARNING: Text field variable names are not supported in ActionScript 3.0. The variable 'd' used for the text field 'ReserveCount_tf' will not be exported.
WARNING: Text field variable names are not supported in ActionScript 3.0. The variable 'd' used for the text field 'ClipCount_tf' will not be exported.
Fonts should be embedded for any text that may be edited at runtime, other than text with the "Use Device Fonts" setting. Use the Text > Font Embedding command to embed fonts.
WARNING: Text field variable names are not supported in ActionScript 3.0. The variable '��' used for the text field 'textField' will not be exported.
WARNING: Text field variable names are not supported in ActionScript 3.0. The variable '��' used for the text field 'SubtitleText_tf' will not be exported.
WARNING: Text field variable names are not supported in ActionScript 3.0. The variable 'd' used for the text field 'ReserveCount_tf' will not be exported.
WARNING: Text field variable names are not supported in ActionScript 3.0. The variable 'd' used for the text field 'ClipCount_tf' will not be exported.
WARNING: Text field variable names are not supported in ActionScript 3.0. The variable 'd' used for the text field 'AvailableCount_tf' will not be exported.
WARNING: Text field variable names are not supported in ActionScript 3.0. The variable 'd' used for the text field 'RADS_tf' will not be exported.
WARNING: Text field variable names are not supported in ActionScript 3.0. The variable 'd' used for the text field 'RadsNumber_tf' will not be exported.
WARNING: Text field variable names are not supported in ActionScript 3.0. The variable 'd' used for the text field 'ItemName_tf' will not be exported.
WARNING: Text field variable names are not supported in ActionScript 3.0. The variable '(' used for the text field 'StealthTextInstance' will not be exported.
WARNING: Text field variable names are not supported in ActionScript 3.0. The variable '(' used for the text field 'Icon_tf' will not be exported.
WARNING: Text field variable names are not supported in ActionScript 3.0. The variable '��' used for the text field 'MessageText_tf' will not be exported.
WARNING: Text field variable names are not supported in ActionScript 3.0. The variable '(' used for the text field 'ObjectiveMessage_tf' will not be exported.
Fonts should be embedded for any text that may be edited at runtime, other than text with the "Use Device Fonts" setting. Use the Text > Font Embedding command to embed fonts.
Also here is a screen shot of the mod in action :smile:
http://i.imgur.com/xKPMqKd.png

unfortunately i cannot help you with your problem

but i am trying to do something similar and apparently you got further than i did.

i am trying to replace some of the hud perk animations but all the animations i export and try to load ingame just dont display at all

i can hear the sounds associated with the perks when they trigger but theres just no animation.

i tried opening original swf files and replacing the images using JPEXS and exporting SWF files with FlashProCS6 in many different ways but the result is always the same.

i haven't really done any flash stuff before and i'm a bit lost, could you explain how you got animations to play ingame?

EDIT: nvm, figured it out, i had stuff inverted.. instead of an object beeing filled with color, i had everything outside the object filled with black, making the object appear as the background color, which is translucent...

apparently black becomes translucent as well and then nothing showed up.

Edited by xilef86

unfortunately i cannot help you with your problem

but i am trying to do something similar and apparently you got further than i did.

i am trying to replace some of the hud perk animations but all the animations i export and try to load ingame just dont display at all

i can hear the sounds associated with the perks when they trigger but theres just no animation.

i tried opening original swf files and replacing the images using JPEXS and exporting SWF files with FlashProCS6 in many different ways but the result is always the same.

i haven't really done any flash stuff before and i'm a bit lost, could you explain how you got animations to play ingame?

EDIT: nvm, figured it out, i had stuff inverted.. instead of an object beeing filled with color, i had everything outside the object filled with black, making the object appear as the background color, which is translucent...

apparently black becomes translucent as well and then nothing showed up.

I've been using Bethesda Archive Extractor and JPEXS to get the file from the game and just having everything be white, and export it as a SWF file. Also I believe you might have to mess with some files to get loose files to show up in game. But that's something you got to do for any mod.

So black appears as transparent? That's good to know. So far I've just be using white and transparent background.