NMM Is not installing mod files when activated

SNE4K

Ok, so i just started getting this wierd problem, and im not sure what has caused it or how to fix.

Basically, when i activate a mod through the manager, it activates, adds the esp files, and creates the new folders for the mod in 'Data', but not any of the actual mod files are added....

it just leaves the new folder it has created emtpy.

For example:

I activate a mod with higher res textures for the double barrel shotgun

I go into Fallout 4, Data, Textures, Weapons, shotgun >> but the folder is missing the actual files, its completely empty.

I also dont think it is deleting the emptey folder when I disable/uninstall the mod.

Anyone know why the manager is just failing to place the mod files ? Ive installed plenty of mods for F4 and its all worked fine, only now is not working. It says the manager is up to date, i have tried restarting, re-downloading a mod, trying a completely new mod. Just the same issue..all works fine except for the abcent mod files.

happening to me as well.

Its actually adding/deleting a folder when I enable/disable mod, but nothing inside.

I checked folder if its read only or not with attrib command, but its not read only.

I'm getting the same thing. The mod has the green check and says it's enabled, but there's just empty folders under "Data".

What is up with this thing? This has only been happening with the latest releases of NMM that support FO4. I've had to install all mods manually since they came out for FO4. Not saying this is a huge problem for me, just a bit inconvenient. The mods always work (within reason) when I install them manually.

I guess I'll have to install them all manually, then use NMM to launch FO4 with FO4SE so it'll all work? :sad:

Used to work great with FO3 and NV. Except when the updates for NMM came out. All hell broke loose then... :devil:

Yeah, having the same issue too. Folder structure gets installed, but the actual mod files are missing.
I tried to install a few sound mods, but NMM just installed the subfolders, not the actual sounds.
Got them to work manually, sort of. Seems now I'm missing some sounds. Odd.
I remember NMM working perfectly for Skyrim, etc...

Same here. Same issue. In some rare cases I even find that some of the folders are not created. But in most cases it's like everyone else is reporting. Folder structure gets created, esp files are installed, but all other files basically are not created and then you're left to install manually after that point. Please fix the NMM!

It was hard to find even postings of this on the webs. I did find a similar thread on reddit, but again no fix just people reporting the bug.

Same issue for me. First noticed it when True Storms never did anything but add the sliders. A thought just crossed my mind. Could it be possible that by doing the Archive Invalidation process (removing all the subdirectories from the INI file) we are in some way telling NMM that it can't add any files to such subdirectories...giving it only access to the Data folder (as evidenced by ESP files still being installed)?

Edited by DreadArkive

I'm having this exact same issue trying to manually "Add Mod From File".

I made a custom radio station replacer and when I try to install via "Add mod from file" and then try to activate it I get the dir structure of Data\sound\fx\mus\radio\minutemen or whichever station, but not a single XWM file is extracted. All I see are the dirs!

I was thinking I did something wrong...

I even tried zip and 7zip to create the file manually and still only dirs are extracted and no music files...

So what's up with that?? Is it me somehow or the NMM?

I also am having the same issue. For anyone still troubleshooting, I reinstalled Fallout and Nmm and deleted all my files except for the mod zip files. I then put the zip files back under my new mod folder and had the same issue. Ive tried running as admin and restarting my computer. I've set my fallout folder to read/write. Ive re downloaded a few mods to make sure the original downloads were working but they still don't install properly. I tried with both texture mods and those requiring plugins. I have all my ini files to the correct coding as followed by gopher and the other mod pages. I revalidated my game before the wipe and got missing mod info. I even changed the directories where the mods would read/write to and from. And finally i cleared my cache and changed the trace file location but nothing changed.