Please help! I can't figure out how to complete this project.

Rapier422

As a fan of World of Warcraft I was excited to see an armor mod for one of my favorite WoW characters...the Banshee Queen herself, Sylvanas Windrunner, thanks to AthenaX. Fantastic armor mod with exceptional detail. Only problem was that the cloak for this amazing set didn't show Sylvanas's flowing silver locks. When I asked her about it she kindly advised me to use the cloak with hair textures from ilikeawp's Sylvanas follower mod. I have tried for a long time now trying to figure out how to make the AthenaX mod cloak look like the one from ilikeawps follower version, complete with the hair using Creation Kit but have failed everytime. I either get no hair or no cloak appearing at all. I ask, please if someone could take the time and attempt this and let me know how to accomplish this, or at the least let me know if it's even possible with using just Creation Kit. Help me modding community....you're my only hope.

Edited by Rapier422

At a guess since I've never used either mod, you also need another mesh, the PrincessWig_1.nif.

Filepath is _AWPSYLVANAS\wig\PrincessWig_1.nif

It looks like the author of the Sylvanas follower set it up as a head part, which would mean editing your character's race to use. You might not want to do that, so I suggest trying this: duplicate an existing helmet ID and import the PrincessWig that way. It will act like a helmet but it uses a body slot different from the hooded cloak, thus both hair and hood/cloak should appear on your character.

• 2 months later...

I have tried many, many times and with many different helms, circlets, etc and I can't seem to make it work. I someone would be so kind as to try this out and let me know what the process was. Perhaps I'm missing a step and don't know it. Otherwise, if it appears that a complete retexture of the existing cloak to add the hair is needed, I would appreciate suggestions for videos or tutorials on how to do so.