Updated Launcher will disable MODS on launch, find a fix here.

Gameaholic

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So i'm downloading the script extender to bypass the new launcher bs. Is it only .esp files it unchecks or is it all my texture mods as well? Cause it seems like my nude and texture modifiers all work still.

.ESP only, witch is most mods

I have only a few .esp. Most use the .ini file workaround like the dialogue wheel. Nevertheless it is troublesome to go through so much to reactivate our esp files.

Edit: Well I installed script extender and made a new shortcut and also a new command launch for it in the nexus to now bypass the launcher all together. Man that was a scary couple of minutes. Bethesda updating a game lol. Have to laugh at the irony of it.

Edited by HippeusOmega

I don't know why some people are doing contortionism to fix this. Just launch the game, and while on the launcher check all mods again on NMM Plugins tab.

If not using NMM, a backup of plugins.txt with all your mods listed must be made, then doing the same procedure but replacing the txt file.

Asking for some clarification...

I use NMM so I load it up and check and all the mods have a green check. I go to the upper left and Launch Fallout4. NMM goes away and the FO4 Play\Option\Support comes up. I then open NMM again and they are all green still.. i start the game and none of my mods are working.

Did I miss something simple?

Are you looking at the Mods tab, or the Plugins tab. Make sure you click at the top-left on the Plugins tab, and you will see that they are disabled.

What is troublesome is that many people don't get or don't want to GET that Modding and adding mods to your game is "DONE AT YOUR OWN RISK!" Especially before Beth has released the official modding tools or even sanctions modding.

Beth does not care if the latest update breaks mods or, breaks your saves on a modded game. At this point all they care about is patching the vanilla game and making it more stable for the most possible people. It makes perfect sense to me that they would try to stop people from modding the game before the official tools are released to the public.

I do find it funny that in Beth's attempt to stop or limit modding they,

1. Sorely under estimated the ingenuity of the modding community who obviously care more about the game then they do,
  2. Are just not as smart or clever as modders,

I'm just really happy that most are pointing the finger for broken mods at Beth instead of at the modder. Although I have seen a few posts thinking it's the modders fault.

Edited by chucksteel

Hello folks,

I just noticed the new launcher disables mods on start and cannot be fixed using the earlier .ini edit. There is a way how ever to activate your mods using NMM.

from my Steam thread:

I HAVE SOLVED IT BROTHERS!

1) Open Nexus Mod Manager (you will need this!)

2) launch your game, wait in the launcher before starting the game.

3) Renable the mods using Nexus Mod Manager (you will notice launching disables them)

4) Hit play.

5) Play your game, you paid for your way!

I can confirm that this worked for me. Now, do I have to do it every time, or just the once? We'll find out!

Hello folks,

I just noticed the new launcher disables mods on start and cannot be fixed using the earlier .ini edit. There is a way how ever to activate your mods using NMM.

from my Steam thread:

I HAVE SOLVED IT BROTHERS!

1) Open Nexus Mod Manager (you will need this!)

2) launch your game, wait in the launcher before starting the game.

3) Renable the mods using Nexus Mod Manager (you will notice launching disables them)

4) Hit play.

5) Play your game, you paid for your way!

I can confirm that this worked for me. Now, do I have to do it every time, or just the once? We'll find out!

You can also use the script extender to bypass it also.

i also got the update i found these 2 simple solutions work for me...

First option : Like many posted before with the default launcher and nmm (click the launcher, renable the mod in nmm, click play on the launcher).

Second option : Rename the originale launcher to anything you want (like Fallout4Launcherori.exe) and rename the fallout4.exe to Fallout4Launcher.exe. Since it does not go trough the launcher nothing get disabled. I use this method since i got the game and did not get any trouble with the game ( i still use nmm to install my mod and manage them).