Incompatible Version

EagleFlyt

• 2 weeks later...

i

There is no "Patch 12" . There is only "Patch 11",

(On the PC, this carries an internal game version number "1.0.0.12" thanks to a hotfix released between Patch 2 and Patch 3.)

That said, if you EVER successfully added mods, YOUR game thinks the version number should be one more than the "official" one for each time you performed a "merge".

This value is contained in the file "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Dragon Age Inquisition\Update\Patch\package.mft".

So if you're fully patched but you NEVER merged any mods, the file looks like this:

Name patch
Authoritative
Version 11

For me, it looks like this:

Name patch
Authoritative
Version 14

If you're sure you've done everything else correctly, try incrementing the value by one and re-launching the game.

Keep incrementing until it works, or your sure you've exceeded the possible value. :thumbsup:

tried to increase version form 11 to 12 and merge all mods , but then game didnt run and crashed

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

hi, im hoping someone is ready this, i just got every time an error...

i have the same prob i think, he just said i need patch 12 to install my mods, but i cant overwrite the package.mft

everytime save it to my desctop and than copy it into the folder, its just a normal .txt and no .mft ...

this error happens when i merge

[30.12.2018 11:57] Task failed. Error reported was:

Exception message: Der Zugriff auf den Pfad "cas.cat" wurde verweigert.
Source: mscorlib
Target: Void DeleteHelper(System.String, System.String, Boolean, Boolean, WIN32_FIND_DATA ByRef)

StrackTrace:
bei System.IO.Directory.DeleteHelper(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive, Boolean throwOnTopLevelDirectoryNotFound, WIN32_FIND_DATA& data)
bei System.IO.Directory.Delete(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive, Boolean checkHost)
bei DAIModManager.MainWindow.PrepareDirectory(String directoryName, ModJob basePatchModJob, Dictionary`2 modResources, String patchDataPath, DAIToc& layoutToc)
bei DAIModManager.MainWindow.BGWorker_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
bei System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
bei System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)

somebody know what to do?

Edited by BlckDvl

• 8 months later...

The game version i cud acquire was Ver 1.11 that is update 10. So the package.mft file had version 11 written in it.

And to get most mods working i need version 12 i.e. v1.12 or update 11

So i followed above steps to just edit the package.mft file with the value 12 instead of 11

And now mods work out for the game with no issues. mind you its just the start of game, who knows may find a prob later on( hopefully not)!

So to edit the file just open with notepad, edit file, then save in a diff location. Then you have to change the extension of saved file through rename procedure.

If you cant see the file extension of aforementioned then u too change the folder option setting for your windows. Google it on how to view all file extension.

Once done, then right click the new saved package.mft.txt file and select rename and then delete only .txt part and press enter adn agree when u dialog warning of

file change,

then copy this new file back to the game folder update/patch/ location and overwrite.

Then before merging the enabled mods check box the force rescan patch option above the merge button.

After that can enjoy your modded game .

BIG THNX to Thandol for this info in the first place!!!

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm having the same problem. Can't enable Quick Looting and Redcliffe Crafting Supply, for example. I have patch version 11 and their required patch is patch 12.

I thought version 11 and patch 12 were the same thing. Can't seem to find any decent solution. Tried the one where you edit the patch file or mod file in notepad but it doesn't work. And mod manager stops working.

I was able to enable the mods sucessfully, but when I enabled the mod, it didn't work, Rare Weapons and No class ( I think ), also quick looting doesn't too. Please help. Yes my game is 1.11.