Can you use several mod managers?

mileafly

Something I have been wondering, is it possible to use several mod managers at once (maybe not running at the same time, but one at a time) or do you have to choose and only use one?

Some mods seems to be easier to install with one mod manager or the other, so it would be convinient if you could use your favorite for the most part, and then just switch over to another for a bit if you need to install a mod that like a particular mod manager. I don't really know what happens "behind the scenes" of the mod managers though so is this possible?

Edited by mileafly

Yes, it's totally possible to use more than one. I use both NMM and OBMM for me stuff, with NMM as my primary and OBMM for special files that NMM can't install. Just be sure to be aware of which mods are handled by which manager.

Yes, it's totally possible to use more than one. I use both NMM and OBMM for me stuff, with NMM as my primary and OBMM for special files that NMM can't install. Just be sure to be aware of which mods are handled by which manager.

Thanks! Why should I be aware on which are handled by witch?

TES mod manager is essentially the same. I had a couple of issues with it and reverted to OBMM, but it was only with one mod (I honestly can't recall which). As I only install a few mods with OBMM and use Wrye Bash for the others, this was kind of a deal breaker for me.

Thanks! Why should I be aware on which are handled by witch?

Organizational purposes really. Juggling managers can be a bit daunting if you don;t know what you want ot use on each manager.

I'd been using Mod Organizer as my main installer for my previous attempts at modding Oblivion, along with using OBMM and Wrye Bash. It became extremely frustrating. Next time I'm just gonna use Wryebash as my main installer and OBMM for special, MO I reckon could be great, but you just gotta learn how to use it. I just kept running into problems, as you have to add applications like OBMM to MO, but open it from there. Though when I did install DarnUI, it wouldn't install correctly, and after installing it I couldn't close OBMM, i only could from the task manager. Some textures would not install through MO either even though they had been checked in the list.

I don't have Oblivion installed anymore, gonna retry over the Christmas break so I can't remember some of the other problems, I may give MO one more go but I'll wait and see.