What FOV do you prefer?

mileafly

For games, I've never changed the FOV that is given by default. I see no problem with whatever they serve me on the plate and I don't take much interest, I've tried changing my FOV from the default and that makes me feel weird and clunky.

The problem with that is that some games, such as Fallout 4 and other console developed games, have a more narrow FOV simply to increase performance. Default settings are not always to optimize actual gameplay, but to increase FPS ever so slightly, since lower FOV draws slightly less image. Bioshock 2 is another game like this that comes to mind. If you have a somewhat powerful computer, then keeping a default FOV could be hampering an otherwise optimal gaming experience. Just food for thought...

Edited by jthomp

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I can't stand using an FOV higher than 31o. I need to see the skin cells of that dragon over there so I can make sure that I miss every f*#@ing shot. Also, maybe it's just my imagination, but if my FOV goes any higher than 31o, I see this odd little stick poking out of my right eye. Could you check it for me?

<----------

-A Skyrim NPC