Some tips on on mods you have that make it look even better?

mileafly

Here is what I could think of right now, though the Nexus is full of wonderful mods. Just browsing around is sometimes a good way to find the occasional hidden gem, I myself have a ton of mods collected and I cannot remember all of them:

Edit: What has the Nexus done with the list formatting!?!?! I see huge spaces between lines that are completely unnecessary! Or is it just my browser... ?

Edited by PhilippePetain

Here is what I could think of right now, though the Nexus is full of wonderful mods. Just browsing around is sometimes a good way to find the occasional hidden gem, I myself have a ton of mods collected and I cannot remember all of them:

Edit: What has the Nexus done with the list formatting!?!?! I see huge spaces between lines that are completely unnecessary! Or is it just my browser... ?

Thanks! Are these textures, by example Lougian an improvement over Qarls textures?

An improvement? Not necessarily. It all depends on your own taste. I happen to really enjoy most of Lougian's work. There are other options too - Amp's textures, for example (may be under AmpolX). I recommend you check them out yourselves.

The above list is really top notch. I would add textures by maczopikczo to the list. Detailed Terrain isn't a texture replacer, but does make a big difference. And if you don't find something by discovery1 that you like (doubtful) you could check out Oblivion Grass Overhaul. There are several great sign retextures. I also happen to love the cave textures by jaassu.

Check out Bomret's Texture Pack for Shivering Isles. It is to SI as Qarl's is to Oblivion.

For items, there are a number of truly great retexture packs. Assorted Protective Female Armor by Nuska, Insanity's Improved Armoury series (on TES Alliance) and Weapon Improvement Project. Many more smaller packs as well.

Finally, my favorite retexture of the Imperial City is Imperial City Reloaded by Laast.

Hope some of this strikes your fancy!!!

An improvement? Not necessarily. It all depends on your own taste. I happen to really enjoy most of Lougian's work. There are other options too - Amp's textures, for example (may be under AmpolX). I recommend you check them out yourselves.

The above list is really top notch. I would add textures by maczopikczo to the list. Detailed Terrain isn't a texture replacer, but does make a big difference. And if you don't find something by discovery1 that you like (doubtful) you could check out Oblivion Grass Overhaul. There are several great sign retextures. I also happen to love the cave textures by jaassu.

Check out Bomret's Texture Pack for Shivering Isles. It is to SI as Qarl's is to Oblivion.

For items, there are a number of truly great retexture packs. Assorted Protective Female Armor by Nuska, Insanity's Improved Armoury series (on TES Alliance) and Weapon Improvement Project. Many more smaller packs as well.

Finally, my favorite retexture of the Imperial City is Imperial City Reloaded by Laast.

Hope some of this strikes your fancy!!!

Thanks! Will check some of these out! Do you know why big texture packs like Insanity's Improved Armoury series is not on the Nexus? I was suprised that I did not really find any texture packs for armor on the Nexus. Is there other good texture packs out there outside the Nexus?

About Insanitys Improved Armory, I found this link to download it: http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/files/file/797-insanitys-improved-armoury-compilation/

But I only get the message "You are not allowed to download that file." when trying to download it :/ Is it available anywhere else?

Edited by mileafly

Some people prefer modding communities outside of the Nexus, for their own reasons. They may have had bad experiences with the Nexus. TES Alliance and Dark Creations are the two other major sites for Oblivion mods. Also, you should check out AlienSlof's site, especially for horse mods.

As for TES Alliance, you need to sign up for an account to download, just like the Nexus (for mods above a certain size). IMO, it is well worth it though. I enjoy the site a great deal and it has a very supportive community. Also, there are a number of great mods that are only hosted there. For instance, the newest versions of FCOM, MMM and OOO are hosted there (I think they may have been hosted here recently). WAC is another great example. Insanity has a large number of excellent mods as well.

Some people prefer modding communities outside of the Nexus, for their own reasons. They may have had bad experiences with the Nexus. TES Alliance and Dark Creations are the two other major sites for Oblivion mods. Also, you should check out AlienSlof's site, especially for horse mods.

As for TES Alliance, you need to sign up for an account to download, just like the Nexus (for mods above a certain size). IMO, it is well worth it though. I enjoy the site a great deal and it has a very supportive community. Also, there are a number of great mods that are only hosted there. For instance, the newest versions of FCOM, MMM and OOO are hosted there (I think they may have been hosted here recently). WAC is another great example. Insanity has a large number of excellent mods as well.

Thanks!

As for the Horse mod, it looks very good, but I don't like that he have made the player horse invinsiable. Do you know if this is possible to change?

You can absolutely change that. You need the Construction Set. Then you would need to load up the esp, find each horse's entry, and uncheck the essential mark. Save the esp and exit the Construction Set. I wouldn't know which entries to look in, though. I have done very little modding myself. I don't currently have Oblivion installed (new pc!) or I would look it up for you.

You can absolutely change that. You need the Construction Set. Then you would need to load up the esp, find each horse's entry, and uncheck the essential mark. Save the esp and exit the Construction Set. I wouldn't know which entries to look in, though. I have done very little modding myself. I don't currently have Oblivion installed (new pc!) or I would look it up for you.

Oh, never used the Construction set, is it complicated?

I've done very basic things with it without much issue, like adding custom hairs and eyes to a race. From what I understand, what you want should be as simple as finding the right "record" and literally unchecking "essential". The most complex stuff all deals with scripts and landscaping.

This is the best site I have found for learning to use the Construction Set. Also, TES Alliance has a great community for learning how to mod, including tutorials created by various modders. If neither of those work, there are other tutorials out there.