ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

NMM not installing (Textures,Meshes,materials,Interface) files in DATA Folder. (using Symlink)

BrBoomr

I have a similar issue since I started usinng SSD, even though I run NMM as Admin and have high permissions set, I have NMM on my SSD. It appears esp and bsa files install fine, but mods with non BSA packed textures and meshes have empty mesh and texture folders. I mostly manually install, and work between Wrye Bash and NMM, but mods with Fomod installers can be pretty complex working out what goes where. NMM can do that, Wrye Bash are working on a Fomod ability I hear.

My workaround if I need to, is to go to the virtual install folder, all the required files and meshes and textures should be there. If you downloaded via NMM direct the folder will have a number ID as opposed to a name, if you downloaded manually the name of the mod will appear. I then copy the files across to the Data folder.

I have been having this issue for a long while now. My NMM mod folder location and Skyrim data folder are both on my external hard drive. Running NMM as Administrator does not correct the problem. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling NMM; no dice. I've been using Mod Organizer instead but now that I've switched to playing SSE I was hoping to use NMM again since MO is no longer supported. I'm at a loss.

I know this is old, I have the same issue, Admin and same drive not working----my workaround is to go to the virtual folder which copies everything in my case, no empty folders. I then copy the content into the Data folder. I just use this for mods with Fomod installers, the rest I install manually.

• 5 months later...

I have been having the exact same problem for over a week now. Searches for a solution, while abundent with ideas, have not solved my problem. I mentioned in another post regarding this issue that my belief (I am not a mod maker) the files are being stuck in the wrong folders. I had no problems until the addon game, Far Harbor, was released. It is my understanding (not necessarly a correct understanding) that NMM had changes made to accomodate Far Harbor. If that is true then that is probably why I have these problems since I have not purchased nor installed Far Harbor as yet.

My position, at this juncture, is to have these issues fixed before I commit to Far Harbor. I did have a discussion with the folks at Bethesda and convinced me that the issues are not caused by them.

So that brings us back to NMM. Before Far Harbor's release it worked fine but since?

100% Worked. Please Uninstall all mods. Then close nexus. Finally Open Nexus as ADMIN. and Download your mods and to be extra sure. All you need to do is visit your data folder (if its a gun for example) click on the meshes folder (find your gun) and if the meshes or textures are there you are good.

• 2 years later...

all of this is crazy in the head. steam and nmm are on E. skyrim SE is on E. mod instal fine. Fallout new vegas and fallout 3 are on G and mods still install fine. but for some reason. having fallout 4 on H make nmm unable to manage the mods.

guess i'll move stuff from E to D and H. reinstall fallout 4 to E or G. the hidden curse of having 15 drives. why do i have a nasa grade computer anyway.