Suggestion - Magicka level increase

Maegfaer

The problem: Magicka is determined by your Intelligence level, and after you reached 100 Intelligence you can only get higher Magicka by enchanting your items. After that, you can't get any more. Because of this Mages are at their maximum power at around level 10-12. When you've reached that, you actually don't want to level up anymore because it makes you weaker.

My idea is to increase your Magicka every time you level up based on your Intelligence level, in a similar way your Hitpoints are increased by your Endurance. I was thinking about 25% of your Intelligence, so if you have 80 Intelligence and you sleep to level up, your Magicka is permanently increased by 20 points. So when you reached 100 Intelligence, everytime you level up you get 25 Magicka points extra, this is the max. I know this is possible, and it probably won't be very hard for an experienced modder. The main reason why I can't do it myself is because I don't know how to let a script run when you level up.

Any feedback at all is appreciated! If you have a better idea, or if you can give me tips how to create it, or if you like the idea and are going tomake it yourself, please post it.

Thanks in advance!

• 3 years later...

The problem: Magicka is determined by your Intelligence level, and after you reached 100 Intelligence you can only get higher Magicka by enchanting your items. After that, you can't get any more. Because of this Mages are at their maximum power at around level 10-12. When you've reached that, you actually don't want to level up anymore because it makes you weaker.

My idea is to increase your Magicka every time you level up based on your Intelligence level, in a similar way your Hitpoints are increased by your Endurance. I was thinking about 25% of your Intelligence, so if you have 80 Intelligence and you sleep to level up, your Magicka is permanently increased by 20 points. So when you reached 100 Intelligence, everytime you level up you get 25 Magicka points extra, this is the max. I know this is possible, and it probably won't be very hard for an experienced modder. The main reason why I can't do it myself is because I don't know how to let a script run when you level up.

Any feedback at all is appreciated! If you have a better idea, or if you can give me tips how to create it, or if you like the idea and are going tomake it yourself, please post it.

Thanks in advance!

Bump! Because this is exactly what I want as well! But I was thinking 50%... maybe even make it a customizable level.. oooHH

Thanks in advance!

Bump! Because this is exactly what I want as well! But I was thinking 50%... maybe even make it a customizable level.. oooHH

Found this.. pretty much exactly what I was looking for.

http://www.thenexusforums.com/index.php?/topic/79949-retroactive-stats/page__p__1475005__hl__%2Bintelligence+%2Bmagicka+%2Blevel__fromsearch__1#entry1475005