Radio Beacons / Radio Transmitter not working.

amoveve

Hello all! Sorry to bother you guys, but i'm having a very weird bug occuring in my game.

Radio beacons and the Radio transmitter in the castle don't work.

My settlements are kinda bugged, i can't assign any settler to do anything, when i try to asign them to anything, they just don't.

BUT, my main problem is that the radio beacons and radio transmitters stopped working.
You see, there aare a few minutemen quests where you clear up settlements and build radio beacons to attract settlers. I build them, power em up , but when i click on them and i try to select activate, i just hear that "bob" sound when you click an object, but nothign activates, quest doesnt update, and i'm stuck.

This is happening aswell with the Radio Transmitter in the Castle. I build like 5 generators (large ones), wired them all in every combination, attached them to the tower aswell as the radio transmitter, but nothing works.

ANd even if i use 1000 Power from generators mod, my power in the settlement while in workshop mode is still Red, meaning i lack sufficient power for the settlement.

WTF is happening?

Much to my chagrin, when I built a settlement beacon I noticed after a looong time there were no new settlers showing up.

Solution: I got on top of the roof where the beacon was, and turned it on ... *face palm*

Yup, there’s an activate/deactivate switch on a lot of “powered items”.
If the button is green, it’s running.
If it’s red, it hasn’t been turned on.

And that’s why I always build stairs to the roofs of all buildings.
If I place something up there from the ground position, sure enough I’ll have to go back and “service” it sometime or verify if it’s working.

I believe you didn' t really read what i wrote down :D I know that you need to activate them. But the proiblem is, the game won't recognize them activated when i activate them ( and power is there, i had like 120 power made just for the radio beacon wired ) ...

Much to my chagrin, when I built a settlement beacon I noticed after a looong time there were no new settlers showing up.

Solution: I got on top of the roof where the beacon was, and turned it on ... *face palm*

Yup, there’s an activate/deactivate switch on a lot of “powered items”.
If the button is green, it’s running.
If it’s red, it hasn’t been turned on.

And that’s why I always build stairs to the roofs of all buildings.
If I place something up there from the ground position, sure enough I’ll have to go back and “service” it sometime or verify if it’s working.

• 1 year later...

The beacon worked for 15 settlers and suddenly had no energy, the wire was still attached. Storing the generator in the workshop and re-placing it did the trick.

odd. i had something similar with two water generators (at Nuka World Settlement, if important). connected but delivering no water. my player also said "its seems to be working" when activating it. storing them to the workshop and placing them anew, solved it in my case as well.

• 2 months later...

Hello all! Sorry to bother you guys, but i'm having a very weird bug occuring in my game.

Radio beacons and the Radio transmitter in the castle don't work.

My settlements are kinda bugged, i can't assign any settler to do anything, when i try to asign them to anything, they just don't.

BUT, my main problem is that the radio beacons and radio transmitters stopped working.

You see, there aare a few minutemen quests where you clear up settlements and build radio beacons to attract settlers. I build them, power em up , but when i click on them and i try to select activate, i just hear that "bob" sound when you click an object, but nothign activates, quest doesnt update, and i'm stuck.

This is happening aswell with the Radio Transmitter in the Castle. I build like 5 generators (large ones), wired them all in every combination, attached them to the tower aswell as the radio transmitter, but nothing works.

ANd even if i use 1000 Power from generators mod, my power in the settlement while in workshop mode is still Red, meaning i lack sufficient power for the settlement.

WTF is happening?

Old post but someone may pick up on it.

Same issue here, but only on my latest play through. Never did it before. Power icon is red even with 999 power available so it thinks you haven't connected the power even when you have, and you can't advance the quest. If you setstage to advance the quest you still get no settlers because the beacons aren't transmitting (no beacon showing in radio even standing next to it). Tried scrapping it but as these were brand newly made beacons it obviously had no effect. Did it for me at Starlight and Castle. Anyone know a way to roll back the updates ?

Also I get a bug where after a while the game takes 20 seconds to save and exit, rather than two.

And I have previously had the bug where you can't re-assign settlers, but not yet on this play through.

It's forked.

Edited by sleazymamba