Eliminate pipe weapons and add AR AK 1911 etc

volksjager88

i love the game, but whoever came up with a lot of the weapons doesn't have a clue about guns.

New Vegas had a lot more guns based somewhat off real weapons

i would like to see:

get rid off all pipe weapons -( i refuse to use these and scrap every one i see)

add in AR-15, AK-47, 1911 etc

would also love to see the .22 SMG (which was an AM-180) and the Ratslayer - (2 of my favorite from NV)

add a true .50 BMG like the anti-material rifle - not the joke of a .50 that is currently in the game

re-chamber the combat rifle to 5.56 and create and .45 smg like an MP-5

the current "assault rifle" is a liquid cooled heavy machine gun - get rid of it or change it to .308 and call it what it is)

Edited by volksjager88

^This times a million.
Sure, people would try to make their own guns in the apocalypse (hell, people try now) but they wouldn't be good at all like some of the pipe weapons can supposedly be upgraded to be, they'd be barely passable.

Also, in terms of lore, are we to believe that America under the threat of the Red Menace for indefinite years wouldn't have more civilian weaponry? and variety in that.

EDIT: Also, why the hell is there no sort of repeater like Lincoln's in FO3? Makes me sad to this day

Edited by SlashSgt

i love the game, but whoever came up with a lot of the weapons doesn't have a clue about guns.

So ture ^^

The weapon-upgrade system is nice, but the collection of actual weapons available is kinda lacking.

But I can't realy blame Bethesda,- Its a lot of work to design these weapons with all the upgrades.

Now we have to wait untill we can import new models in NifSkope ... people will get crazy with new weapon mods :]

Also, in terms of lore, are we to believe that America under the threat of the Red Menace for indefinite years wouldn't have more civilian weaponry? and variety in that.

actually i think there is too many weapons and especially ammo, 200 years after the end of civilization i would think guns/ammo would be tougher to find.

and 1/2 to 3/4 of the ammo would probably be duds(but doing that would make the game unplayable)

i do think it should have the occasional dud, jam and weapon failure.

also on the pipe weapon thing, i find pipe guns in vaults, and other places that they shouldnt be. like the pre-war people where using homemade pipe guns?? come on

I'm working on a moddable AR15 so that should satiate your desires there.

As for the pipe weapon debate, one of the magazines refers to "Street Weapons of Detroit" featuring a pipe pistol. It would seem the original design and concept is actually pre-war and simply became popular because everything went to hell.

actually i think there is too many weapons and especially ammo, 200 years after the end of civilization i would think guns/ammo would be tougher to find.

and 1/2 to 3/4 of the ammo would probably be duds(but doing that would make the game unplayable)

i do think it should have the occasional dud, jam and weapon failure.

also on the pipe weapon thing, i find pipe guns in vaults, and other places that they shouldnt be. like the pre-war people where using homemade pipe guns?? come on

No, I agree there are too many weapons existing, but I think those that are in existence should be more varied that's what I was saying. The jamming would be a nice feature as well, would make upgrading your weapons with better parts worthwhile. Speaking of, doesn't make much sense that we're able to craft receivers and stuff that look factory made out of raw materials. Would've been better if we had to buy and/or find pre-war weapon mods, imo.

Edited by SlashSgt