Crashing after trying to save after killing Molerats at Red Rocket.

Vancer2

I have started a new game and have noticed crashing after trying to either quicksave and save. At first I got past the point in Concord where the villagers were and I had loaded a game and it crashed. I thought it was a mod. Uninstalled a bunch of them. Well I have narrowed it down to where the molerats unburrow themselves after you find dogmeat. After I kill them all and try to save into a new slot or quicksave. The game immediately CTD without an error. Here is my list of mods and the plugin order.

Any recommendations? I thought about doing a clean save. But I can't find a place to do it and I don't know how for Fallout 4. Im pretty sure it would be the same way as its the same engine. But I forgot how to do a Clean save.

Edited by Vancer2

I have started a new game and have noticed crashing after trying to either quicksave and save. At first I got past the point in Concord where the villagers were and I had loaded a game and it crashed. I thought it was a mod. Uninstalled a bunch of them. Well I have narrowed it down to where the molerats unburrow themselves after you find dogmeat. After I kill them all and try to save into a new slot or quicksave. The game immediately CTD without an error. Here is my list of mods and the plugin order.

Any recommendations? I thought about doing a clean save. But I can't find a place to do it and I don't know how for Fallout 4. Im pretty sure it would be the same way as its the same engine. But I forgot how to do a Clean save.

Have you any crash reports in the Skyrim folder ? My game closes with out warning! its a pain when your so far into a quest then next second game closes am like :verymad: i don't get any crash reports in the folder

I just started a new game. Why would the crash reports be in the skyrim folder? Also I noticed on the Quest "Out of Time" I have both "Talk to Codsworth" and "Investigate Concord" still available. There is also a quest marker on codsworth, Could this also be the cause?

Turns out that wasn't the case either. Loaded a previous save before that. Still crashed. But this time it crashed after saving after tinkering at the weapons bench

Edited by Vancer2

@Gazz its FO4 not Skyrim, you´re in the wrong forum i would guess. But you have to enabel papyrus.log manually in the config, and then its stored in /my games/... not in the games folder. But you have to lear to read the log. It´s not even nearly user-friendly to analyze.

Vancer, i don´t know much of your mods, but if it crashes, after you kill something, maybe you should try to disable DeadBodyCollision.esp, because that mod is directly effecting dead bodys... I dont know, if the skelletons, lying around in the open count also as bodys.

Ok I activated a Mod at a time. Went ingame. Resurrected a Mongrel Dog that was nearby, killed it and saved. If the game crashed I deactivated a mod or several. Long story short. Turns out it was dD-Enhanced Blood that was f*#@ing my game up. But I don't know how that can be. I put 250+ hours into the game and not once on my first play through experienced this. It must be the mod coupled with the new patch + starting a new game.

Maybe i can enlighten you a bit:

Mods change certain variables. So, for example, the blood mods changes the behavior of blood-spread.

Now imagine, bethesda had found a glitch in the original behavior and changed something.

The patch brings this changes to your game.

But now we have different basic behavior of how it works, but the mod tries to change it the old way. The engine goes to crash, because there are 2 different rules it has to execute, and BAM!

Thats the main problem with bethesda-games. While they are fortunatly really heavy mod-able, mods always apply to the version, they are written to. They may work fine with a newer version, but there ist absolutly no guarantee.

Every mod has to be tested against a new version, and good modders always post the required and tested version of the game in the desciption.

Due to the early state of the game, with no DLC out yet, we will see a lot of deprecated mods, no longer working with an proper patched game.

That´s the way it works, as sad as it is.

My previous game was running this mod even after the new patch. The one with 250+ hours on it. I don't know how to explain that one.

The explanation is called bethesda. They make good basics, but when it comes to fineness, they always suck.

If you want, take a look on the combined community patch for skyrim. What it does, and what bethesda NEVER fixed, because they are not even close to able. The throw a game out of the window, throw a bunch of DLC out, and then f*#@ you customer.