Perk to magic effect?

Junked

Looking to see if anyone can help me with an issue.

i'm trying to make a perk into a magic effect to then add it to an object effect and finally add that to an object...

some perks are linked to a magic effect that follows the pattern but i can't figure out how to make a new one.

Basically what i'm trying to do is take the perk that gives you an extra chance when hacking and turn it into a magic effect that can be applied to an object. if anyone has any idea how to do this please help me out.

You need CK and scripting to add/remove perks from the player since perks can't be associated with objects. However you can add extra hacking entry point to the existing perk that the player has with condition to apply only when certain item is worn (GetEquipped condition).

i understand what your saying, but im sure that's not the case. it is entirely possible to create a new perk and give it to the player via a magic effect. i do understand that no one has been able to modify the scripts but there is already one in place for the perk to work. i just need to figure out how to associate it in the correct way which was much easier with other perks because i found the necessary entries.

Let me be clear here. looking at magic effects you can clearly see that some of them are associated to perks. i've already created a new version of the barter perk that i put onto a magic effect then linked that to a object effect and then that to a ring via an enchantment. it works in game, i have tested it. So yes you can create a new perk and link it to an item. it isn't a snap process but you can do it.

I'm unsure currently if you can create a new one from specific perks that don't have a linking magic effect already there. that is what i'm trying to do now. it might be impossible right now, i don't know. the getequipped condition might actually help me get it done. i'll try and use it in a different way and see what happens.

• 2 weeks later...

the Legendary effects mod (that lets you craft and swap legendaries) created a "diurnal" effect as part of that mod that does EXACTLY what you want.

it applies a perk as a magic effect when using a weapon with that specific legendary attached to it.

you might take a look at that...

although, AFAICT, there are still some issues with it, as while it tries to mimic the "nocturnal" legendary, it also makes the weapon have zero fire rate. I think that's likely just a record oversight instead of a limitation though.

I any case, it's proof of concept that you can apply an on-item effect via the perk system.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/4042/?

Edited by Sir_Toejam