Mechanically Enriching Mods?

Moldy

Simple concept,really. I got Fallout 3: GOTY as an early Christmas gift (Late to the party,I know.),and I decided to mod it. Taking a quick peek at the mods available,I see a rather daunting list of mods. Now,to clarify what the title says,I define a mechanically enriching mod as "A mod that provides an enriched gameplay experience via the introduction or practical refinement of mechanics or content of the game that can be tangibly felt by the player." In other words... Stuff that ain't eye-candy. And that's what I'm looking for; A quick and handy list of mods that you the users turn to to enrich your gameplay experience. Not retextures,with the possible exception of a mod that makes unique weapons look actually unique,and no ENB. Content,mechanics,and gameplay enhancers are what I'm after. So,if you have any suggestions for such mods,I'd be glad to hear them; Gimme their names,throw down a link. Don't worry about compatibility issues; All I'm doing right now is casting a net,to see what's out there with a quick probe. Although,if the mod you're about to suggest is adult in nature,please keep it to yourself. Fallout is not the place for such shenanigans,in my opinion.

Although,if you got any mod suggestions that make real-time combat viable and bearable,I'd love those. Coming in from New Vegas with Project Nevada installed is likely going to take some SERIOUS getting used to. Thank you in advance,friends and strangers!

Fallout Wanderer's Edition - lot's of stuff that's adjustable. Global damage increase for everyone, grenade and sprint hotkey, enemy detection and kill reactions, drug effects, healing and cripple systems, hunger and thirst and sleep, weapon assignment to enemies, being able to use explosives to bust locks, increased radiation, weapon spread and weapon damage for everyone. This mod is pretty much THE must have.

Mart's Monster Mod - This is the mod for having more spawns and variety so that the wasteland won't be so samey. My own experience was lots of crashing, but that was when I was noobish at using mods. In spite of my bad experiences I'm getting very tempted to try again now that my setup is very stable. I believe it also respawns the wasteland so that exteriors don't stay empty after you kill everything.

3dnpc Fallout Bundle - Some short stories and companions to add to the main game.

DC Interiors Project - Those stock vanilla buildings that have no interiors have them now. More exploration and seeing how people died 200 years ago. New loot such as collectible men's magazines, weapons, clothes

Exterior Actors Get Launch Explosives - Shameless plug, I need to update it so that explosive weapons get distributed more often. Currently you'll only see these weapons every now and then. Still work in progress.

Fallout 3 Redesigned - After you see how putty-faced everyone is, this is a welcome change.

Dr Li and Spider Hair and Face Edit - Double shameless plug, might as well use it if using the above.

Fallout Stutter Remover - A must have, because of FO3's awful microstutter.

New Vegas Anti Crash - This is a New Vegas mod that works for FO3. Needs FOSE. FOSE is Fallout Script Extender. The thing is, you don't need this if you just don't use mods that crash the game. But the only way to know which mods are unstable is to have them crash the game... so.

FOSE - Should have mentioned earlier.

Wrye Bash - Creates a bashed patch that goes at the end of your load order so that your mods work together. Moderate manual reading required.

Mod Organizer - The new way of running your mods from separate folders. Can run Wrye Bash. Moderate manual reading required.

LOOT - The new way of getting your load order correct.

FO3Edit - This is what you use to clean the mods that LOOT says need cleaning. Just read the part about cleaning mods. More light reading required if you want to learn how to make override patches.

That's it off the top of my memory. Stuff can be gotten from nexusmods.com/fallout3.

Two things,then; Is it possible to disable the Hardcore Mode features of FWE? I do NOT want to have to balance rest,food,and drink when I play a video game. I do that already in reality. Although,it does seem a LOT like Project Nevada in terms of features,so far. Second; I keep seeing the same acronym pop up in Fallout 3 mod descriptions for compatibility; FOOK. What is this?

Also,I'd love a mod that makes unique weapons look unique; You'd imagine a Gatling Laser named Vengeance would look magnificent.

Two things,then; Is it possible to disable the Hardcore Mode features of FWE? I do NOT want to have to balance rest,food,and drink when I play a video game. I do that already in reality. Although,it does seem a LOT like Project Nevada in terms of features,so far. Second; I keep seeing the same acronym pop up in Fallout 3 mod descriptions for compatibility; FOOK. What is this?

Also,I'd love a mod that makes unique weapons look unique; You'd imagine a Gatling Laser named Vengeance would look magnificent.

this has just about every aspect of your request in it, try it, it's a killer mod

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/17478/?

read the read me in it and become amazed at what has been done.

From its description page.

Now with this on a new game (it will need GOTY) you can add more MOD'S

to personal tastes, with fewer problems. Contains several hundred mods if all

of it is run (all addons). Using about twenty or so slots. But need to read alot to

find what is all in it, FOOK will add 100 or so, FWE also.

kitty

Edited by Purr4me

Yeah, you can disable fwe eating, etc, completely or set the frequency of each. FOOK, I forgot what it stands for, is a mod that adds tons of weapons for everyone and distributes the best of them through hand-placed objects so that you discover them as you play. You'll be looking for FOOK2. FOOK2 used to be absolutely incompatible with FWE, but a hard-worked patch finally got around it. Beware FOOK! For me it was even more unstable than Mart's, which really says something. I mean look at the comments section and you will see that tons of people are having FOOKing problems.

yeah, i've seen them, too bad i could not help there...on the"fook2 threads".

But MUW has fixed most if not all of those things.

I do understand. IF there is a particular part or function you find not wanted,,,I can offer you a detailed patch for what ever you decide to choose. better that than nothing.

I have had my own problems dealing with that data and have over come things. It's nice mod "by it's self" but tends to rather produce unwanted things as you spoke about.

Our team had in the past offered tons of patches for both mods.

Primary needs was the code used you want not involved, is this correct?

is this it, does this fit in the issue you don't want?

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/3769/?

cuz if it is? I can use it as a pattern to go by and remove the codes.

read the page descriptions, I found all 3 versions of this type of code.

EDIT: from what I gathered up here on this web search, there is apparently a lot of versions dealing directly with this issue. here is the results Google search

(https://www.google.com/search?q=Primary+needs&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8#safe=active&q=Primary+needs+Fo3)

that's a lot !

so not limited to just one mod.

Edited by Purr4me