Better Accuracy for Companions

Valykry

As the title says, I'd like for companions to be more accurate with their weapons.

Generally, I play the role of a sniper, while carrying a shotgun and rocket launcher for the situations that require it.

With the sniper rifle, Although it takes more time to line up the shots i'd like, I consistently land headshots manually when V.A.T.S. only showed 5% chance of success. When giving the same rifle to a companion, they can fire off 20 or so shots without success in similar situations. It would be nice if they could actually hit something with a long range rifle.

And of course, to add to the realism and not just make them complete badasses, their rate of fire WOULD need to be reduced.

Unless in a close quarter engagement, i'd be happy with them only firing once every 30 seconds, so long as the shots actually hit home.

When the s#*! hits the fan, and enemies are close up, their current accuracy and firing rate would suffice.

I have an idea in mind as to how this could be accomplished (Though i'll admit i'm making some assumptions here).

I ASSUME the companions use their own form of V.A.T.S, they have a target, and pre-determined odds for a successful hit.

Perhaps this mod can be done as simply as not allowing them to fire if the chance of a hit is below 90% or so, and if it is below that, every quarter second, the chance gets increased by 1%.

Also, if they aren't under attack, they are going for headshots. If they are under attack, they go for whatever body part has the highest chance.

• 4 weeks later...