Rome total war vs. medevil 2 total war

cyronarxes

How do you avoid being excomunicated and attacked by inquisitors?

Simple, really;

Spain had been unable to build churches for two reason: Money, and (Moorish) Assasins. This pissed of the Pope completely, so he wasn't going help them out of a tight spot. That and the Pope of the moment was, wait for it, SCOTTISH! So I requested a crusade against the Spanish (fear the Pope :ph34r: ) So pretty soon Sicily, who were hanging in there (just), and Millan stopped fighting eachother (Don't know why) and sailed over.

EDIT: The Spainiards just got crushed by me and Portugal: They were retreating away from Millan (who'd forced them out of of the south) but, unluckily for them, went into the Portugese (who, luckily for Spain, had taken thier turn, but then I charged.

.................Me........Portugese......Spain.

Kills:.........465.......303...............159.

Losses:....29.........130...............768

• 2 weeks later...

How do you avoid being excomunicated and attacked by inquisitors?

Simple, really;

Spain had been unable to build churches for two reason: Money, and (Moorish) Assasins. This pissed of the Pope completely, so he wasn't going help them out of a tight spot. That and the Pope of the moment was, wait for it, SCOTTISH! So I requested a crusade against the Spanish (fear the Pope :ph34r: ) So pretty soon Sicily, who were hanging in there (just), and Millan stopped fighting eachother (Don't know why) and sailed over.

EDIT: The Spainiards just got crushed by me and Portugal: They were retreating away from Millan (who'd forced them out of of the south) but, unluckily for them, went into the Portugese (who, luckily for Spain, had taken thier turn, but then I charged.

.................Me........Portugese......Spain.

Kills:.........465.......303...............159.

Losses:....29.........130...............768

I dont like the european factions as they are always eyed by inquisiors and the church. imaging though if the Timurids were playable :D :D :D

I dont like the european factions as they are always eyed by inquisiors and the church. imaging though if the Timurids were playable :D :D :D

Once, in my Moorish campaign, I invaded The Papal States and took Rome (I also killed the Pope), but, strangely, there still was a Papal election ( :huh: ) and a General (Pope) appeared, got killed, and then another.

And another.

And another.

And anoth...

And an...

And...

[snores]

Once, in my Moorish campaign, I invaded The Papal States and took Rome (I also killed the Pope), but, strangely, there still was a Papal election ( :huh: ) and a General (Pope) appeared, got killed, and then another.

And another.

And another.

And anoth...

And an...

And...

[snores]

I know, I tried the same thing. It seems you can't get rid of the Pope no matter what you do.

It's alot more easier bribing him or killing him (I love assassins!) and hope for a better one.

The sad part about Rome was that you couldn't really bully/kill/bribe the Senate. You just had to follow their orders until you were disliked by everyone, and later on declared enemy of the state etc etc etc.

• 3 months later...

I have got Rome now, playing as the Scipii (or Skippy, as I call them).

Hastati are awesome.

Flinging pilum at the enemy before charging?

Best idea ever.

Archived