FPS vs RPG vs RTS

Marcus Wolfe

I would have made this a poll, but....hey, those things aren't worth it.

Some may argue which is better, so I'll just discuss the pros and cons of each.

RTS

Pros

Control wide variety of units

Best use of strategy

Crushing enemies feels very gratifying

Cons

Not that fast

Takes long time for one game

sometimes hard to get into

RPG

Pros

Customized, you feel as if your playing yourself only cooler

Leveling up!

Usually good storyline

Cons

MMO gankings, chat, n00bs, etc

Too addictive, spend more time then you intended

1 Death ends it all

FPS

Pros

Fast paced

Wide variety of enemies

Rewarding game play

Cons

Requires quick reflexes

Frustrating

Again 1 death ends it all

Now you may add to this list and discuss/argue

uuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmm......

make your own post! I don't really appreciate turnbased strtegy, because it's even slower than RTS and it's harder to defend yourself

Guest Hotnspicy

make your own post! I don't really appreciate turnbased strtegy, because it's even slower than RTS and it's harder to defend yourself

Why it should be harder? The enemy and you are just given the same options.

I would have to disagree since you're less likely to get zerged by enemy units 5 minutes into the game in a TBS, and actually have a chance to build defenses and supporting stuffs... There's more thought out strategy involved as you'll have to keep track of where you want to move what, and can initiate ambushes on enemy forces if the game and terrain allows. But it's a dying breed as most people can't keep a constant thought in their head for more than 10 seconds.

• 1 month later...

I like any game thats a good game. If its FPS, RPG, or RTS if it's a good fun game I can get into it.

My favorite games have mostly been FPS games though, Halo was my first console game and really got me into gaming, FEAR is just plain makes you piss your pants great! Half Life 1 and Half Life 2 are awesome FPS games, and yes I am a CS:S fan. My very first game ever was a RTS game called Age of Empires and I still love playing AOE II but they just killed it when they made III...What really got me into RPG's was Morrowind, then Oblivion.

All in all I'd have to say I enjoy playing FPS games the most RPG games second and then RTS/TBS games last. Bt like I said if its a good game I can easily get into it.

I like any game thats a good game. If its FPS, RPG, or RTS if it's a good fun game I can get into it.

My favorite games have mostly been FPS games though, Halo was my first console game and really got me into gaming, FEAR is just plain makes you piss your pants great! Half Life 1 and Half Life 2 are awesome FPS games, and yes I am a CS:S fan. My very first game ever was a RTS game called Age of Empires and I still love playing AOE II but they just killed it when they made III...What really got me into RPG's was Morrowind, then Oblivion.

All in all I'd have to say I enjoy playing FPS games the most RPG games second and then RTS/TBS games last. Bt like I said if its a good game I can easily get into it.

I like all three equally well, but if I had to choose, I'd probably say RPG was my favourite, followed by strategy games (RTS or TBS), or even better, a combination of both (such as Fire Emblem).

And when they made AOEIII, they didn't change anything- its gameplay is almost the same as the original, so it seems boring and repetitive because so many other modern games have improved on that formula.

Archived