Gatling Plasma

Ishy1261

I always liked plasma weapons. I also liked big guns that have spinny barrels. However, I have not yet seen a Plasma Minigun for New Vegas. I have seen the EPR-057 for Fallout 3 but I can't use the GECK very well so I can't port it. Can someone help me out?

Edited by Ishy1261

I have seen the EPR-057 for Fallout 3 but I can't use the GECK very well so I can't port it. Can someone help me out?

Maybe. In the weapon's thread, the author gives permission for others to use his work with credit, but does say the nif is fubar'd (both the model and CTD with later versions of FO3). But it may be workable (won't know until I try). The other alternative would be to do a reskin of the gatling laser or mini gun (colored glow map on the barrels, add a bit or gizmo here or there, etc) which (IMHO) could make a good plan B. One could even do a plasma caster (electromagnetic) claw on the barrel and it would give it a bit of a look like FO4's bayoneted/shredded mini gun (pic);

http://assets.vg247.com/current//2015/11/fallout4_guide_minigun_shredder.jpg

That's a weapon with a really bad attitude.

Porting the EPR-057 (assuming the nif is'nt too messed up)is something I can do (time and inclination permitting), I'll try and look into it for you. If that's a no go, reskinning a minigun/laser is within my skill set (once again time & inclination permitting), and the claws *might* be something I can put together. I'll try and get you some info in the next few days (unless someone else jump in to grab your request).

Here is a port of the EPR-057. I didn't add anything other than just a script to place the weapon in the inventory, so it will have the same problems as the original. I also stripped out the cells, of course. Hopefully this will get you started and you can test it (I haven't tested it in game). The next beta, I can add it to vendors containers and various formlists. It's in a bsa format now, so just unrar the esp and bsa into your data dirctory and select in your launcher of choice.

Let me know how it works for you.

Thank you. While it works perfectly fine, the only issue i have is that the barrels float in front of the body of the gun, rather than being attatched to it. If this can be remedied, that would be nice, but other than that, this ws a good prt of the mod, and once again, thank you.

Well cr*p, I see what you mean. I can't even load it into nifskope because it crashes almost immediately. I can't even see all the error messages before nifskope crashes and burns, but I did see array too large, and in blenders console I also see similar error messages (array too long). I'll try to find some time to review the forum posts and see if the author has any insights. I wish I had better news for you....