70% of saves broken after manually "uninstalling" a mod

CrusaderX

Hi. This works 100% for me: It's sort of painful because you will most likely lose modded stuff like gigantic Homemaker houses and Concrete foundations from DD, etc, but AT LEAST you don't have to reinstall Fallout 4 and delete ALL your mods. (Just some)

1) Delete the fallout ini files (aka, custom, prefs, and ini) in your Documents\My Games\Fallout4 folder.

2) Verify integrity of the cache via: Steam- Right Click Fallout 4 in your steam library - select properties - select tab "local files" - Verify integrity of game cache.

3) Recreate Fallout4Custom.ini

or simply dl Fallout4Custom.ini from this website and place it in your folder: https://jumpshare.com/v/seRQNW4MUmh6hbQ74MTV

4) Re-add in your Fallout4Custom.ini (and fallout.ini just in case)

[Archive]
bInvalidateOlderFiles=1
sResourceDataDirsFinal=

5) Open Fallout 4 and test if it works. (It will most likely CTD or still bug out on your save)

if so:

6) Deactivate all plugins, using NMM (or MO what have you), then reactivate 3-5 plugins at a time until you find out which mod(S) is/are Bugging you/causing CTDs. Make sure you install their patches too.

That should do it.

*ALSO: I highly recommend learning how to PROPERLY merge SOME plugins together to resolve SOME mod conflicts.