Sword Request

AurianaValoria1

Would someone be willing to create a bastard sword for me? I can't really draw it, and I can't find anything like it online, so you'll have to go by my description, but that's OK...I'm all for creativity! :biggrin:

I'd like the blade itself to be a flamberge, but not too intensely wavy (hehe, don't know any other way to put it :tongue: ). I'd also like the cross-guard to look like a dragon with its wings stretched wide, and its tail wrapping around the hilt. Maybe the pommel could be a four-taloned claw grasping an orb. I really want to have bright green flames down the length of the blade.

I know the description isn't too specific, but I'm open to creativity. I don't really have a preference regarding colors, or what not. It doesn't have to be elaborate. If multiple people want to have at it, go ahead. It's just something I've wanted to see for a while, and I thought it might be fun for someone to do. :smile:

Thanks ahead of time,

Auri

This image has a dragon crossguard - is this even remotely close to what you are after?

The problem with a hand-and-a-half/bastard sword having this style of hilt is the need to swap from one to two-hand use - and the dragon tail getting in the way during the changeover, also limiting the ways you can turn the sword once you HAVE got both hands in place. Try wrapping some wire around a stick to approximate the hilt, and then try to swap between single and dual hand, and you'll soon see the problem.

Edited by MarkInMKUK

Although that is a beautiful weapon, it's not quite what I'm after. This is more like it: http://www.dagorhir.com/forums/index.php?topic=21420.0

The crossguard on the first sword is more like what I envisioned, except with the wings reversed so the points face the hilt. The body of the dragon would be the middle of the crossguard, perhaps with the head resting on the upper part of the blade, then the tail curling around the hilt flat and even - almost like it is the wrapping holding the leather down.

The blade and pommel of the second sword are also more like what I want.

Does this give you a better idea?

Phew! After much digging, I've found something a little closer to what I'm looking for. I really like the crossguard off of this one: WIP Odjin's Nanotech Sword

I also like the pommel from this one: Molnar Sword WIP

And the blade of this one: http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&q=sword+flamberge#/dqkdjz

If anyone is interested, please let me know, and I can provide more details on stats, enchants, etc.

Thank you,

Auri