Who's up for modding Massive Chalice?

RikarLionheart

Hey everyone;

I'm fresh out of college, graduated in video game design and i recently picked up Massive Chalice.

I gotta say, i like it a lot, but it feels incomplete... there's a lack of classes, customization and it grinds my gears that you can't make your own family.

I've also read that most players, although happy with the concept, aren't completely satisfied with the results.

I'm not the best programmer and I'm posting this here because I'm not sure where to go with this:

If it's possible and if anyone is interested in making this game better, please let me know, I'd be happy to work with people in order to make this game more enjoyable.

Oh, and while we're at it, do leave some suggestions below; after all, it is for the players.

Edited by RikarLionheart

This sounds like an awesome idea!

I bought this game a couple of weeks ago and loved it, but I feel like there is so much that can be expanded upon. Something like its own sort of "long war" mod.

I'm more or less a freshman to the modding scene but I'm totally down for this.

Suggestions:

New items and buffs
New Quirks and genetic traits

Add more random encounters and scenarios

Higher combat frequency

A longer campaign and more complex territory defense

Expansion of weapon/armor types in regards to tier and cadence materials

Hey everyone;

I'm fresh out of college, graduated in video game design and i recently picked up Massive Chalice.

I gotta say, i like it a lot, but it feels incomplete... there's a lack of classes, customization and it grinds my gears that you can't make your own family.

I've also read that most players, although happy with the concept, aren't completely satisfied with the results.

I'm not the best programmer and I'm posting this here because I'm not sure where to go with this:

If it's possible and if anyone is interested in making this game better, please let me know, I'd be happy to work with people in order to make this game more enjoyable.

Oh, and while we're at it, do leave some suggestions below; after all, it is for the players.

Awesome! What can you do to help?

My bad!

I've been caught up with work all week. I graduated with a CompSci and Math degree a year ago. I'm a decent programmer and I would love to have a chance to work on a new project.

I haven't done any game dev but I'm open to help out wherever I can.

• 3 weeks later...

The UI could use some improvements. The biggest improvement, imo, would be a bloodline manager - something that allows you to put candidates on a 'short list' as you're scrolling through the main list. Once you have your shortlist you can simulate picking a regent and see the available mates. Selecting the mate will show you their potential offspring and frequency, and (if possible) their progeny's chance of inheriting traits. If you like the match, there's a button to set this pair as the new regent/mate. Otherwise there's a restart button, and an X next to the mate so you can easily test out another one. It'd just take a lot of the tedium out of bloodlines.

I've got a bit of a programming background, but I'm much more comfortable working with UI design or basic art assets.