Skyrim crashing.

SkyrimJake15

I'm having some problems with my skyrim. It crashes completely randomly. I don't have many mods and I don't believe any of the mods I have conflict with each other. There's no rhyme nor reason to the crashes. Sometimes it's when I'm fast traveling to whiterun and sometimes it's when I'm fast traveling to Windhelm, but sometimes it's just when I enter a city through the gate and other times I'm just walking into a building or just walking. I uninstalled skyrim awhile ago, before the crashes, and installed oblivion, but I decided to install skyrim again and uninstall oblivion and now my skyrim crashes. Occasionally i'll get a steam - cloud conflict saying Your local Elder scrolls v: Skyrim files conflict with the ones stored in steam cloud. Every time it popped up I selected upload to steam cloud. Any help will be greatly appreciated. :)

Sounds like you guys hit your memory block cap. Whenever Skryim reaches a memory block cap it will CTD. It took me YEARS to figure this out. Follow the instructions in Gopher's video here on YouTube. I highly recommend spending the entire 40 minutes and watching the whole thing to fully understand what's going on.

Did the CTDs happen right away after you installed the game?

I also reinstalled Skyrim just before Christmas and also had lots of CTDs. I wrote about that here

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/3609940-ctds-stuttering-and-the-official-hires-textures/

After removing the hires textures I was able to add over 100 mods with 103 active plugins by now. There was an issue last week when I got CTDs again when entering cities/buildings (aka leaving the world space and entering another cell). This was due to my habit of using hibernate instead of shutdown; SKSE hadn't shut down completely, so after a clean shutdown and restart of my PC everything is OK now.

I watched the whole video and he did something different than I did when he installed skse but he used NMM as well, so I wasn't sure if I just had to add the ini file. I'll try that but I'm still having issues with my steam cloud.

Edited by SkyrimJake15

What do you mean SKSE didn't shut down? Also I just tested my skyrim after setting up the SKSE.ini and now whenever I fast travel somewhere it exits the game. I feel kind of at a loss now.

EDIT: I fixed it...I'm not sure how but I did fix it. The memory patch in the video above does enhance my performance a little bit so it's totally worth doing.

Edited by SkyrimJake15