We are aware aware of an issue with authentication on the site. See our status page for details. ×

Disassembly kit, why carry around heavy junk?

brad456

Disassembly kit, why carry around heavy junk?

just take out the needed parts and leave the rest. screws and springs are lighter than typewriters.

the tools in the kit is 10lbs, each junk piece may require anywhere from 1 to 10 minutes to dissasemble.

may even require the use of a table.

this would add realism to the game, IRL people carrying 200lbs of junk around would not be able to out run anything.

thanks

I like this idea. Being able to scrap on the get-go. Should't be that hard to implement! :D BUMB! (I imagine you could make a portable kit that just opened up something like the crafting menu from the settlements but only with the ability to scrap :P )

And "Lest120" I think what he wants is the option to scrap on the go so he doesn't have to carry, say 21 Desk fans around if only he needs the screws :P So it's not about deleting the weight, but a realistic tool that allowes him to only take the parts he needs and leave the scraps he don't.

(Funny Lest120.. You have been in every mod request i have previewed today o.o)

Technically it is possible (but I think require scripting) to say, have a special toolbox (like the little red ones) that acts like a full blown weapon/armor bench. Probably not too much of a leap from there to make it disassemble scrappable junk. Skyrim had similar mods, you'd drop it/place it on the ground, use it to craft/scrap and store it when done. They even had "magic" storage bags. So you're right Agnon, it can be done. Fallout 4 shares a whole lot in common with Skyrim.

I know Caprica can compile .pex files, so scripting is possible at the moment...but you'd have to get someone with the know-how interested in that sort of project. I'm just a texture hobbyist though. :tongue:

Edited by TheGreenLion

I like this idea. Being able to scrap on the get-go. Should't be that hard to implement! :D BUMB! (I imagine you could make a portable kit that just opened up something like the crafting menu from the settlements but only with the ability to scrap :tongue: )

And "Lest120" I think what he wants is the option to scrap on the go so he doesn't have to carry, say 21 Desk fans around if only he needs the screws :tongue: So it's not about deleting the weight, but a realistic tool that allowes him to only take the parts he needs and leave the scraps he don't.

(Funny Lest120.. You have been in every mod request i have previewed today o.o)

i am in every because im verifying what specifically they are looking for and giving links or names to mods that already exist tho average user tends get mad when i try help for some godly reason.

Intended to post a 'scrap on the fly' request myself. There are several now, so I'll just add my thoughts to yours, if I may.

It's beyond ridiculous for Bethesda to have required players to lug around desk fans, typewriters and gas cans. Apparently, they think it's funny. It isn't. And, of course, not even remotely fun.

I'd be happy with an alternative to the activate key: a simple secondary key that opens the scrap menu for the item selected instead. The activate key could remain for use on items one has no intention of scrapping. Requiring a portable tool kit be present in the inventory menu (the same as requiring an ammo press kit in the ammo crafting mod for FO3) would serve the "realism" factor just fine...at least for me. No tables or extra time required. Everywhere I've been, if there weren't already tables, desks and other elevated surfaces scattered about, there was always the floor and/or the ground to "work" on.

An added bonus would be the ability to to select just the components one needs from any item, as opposed to the automatic addition of another 3 or 4 useless pieces of steel. Not as simple as just opening the existing scrap menu, but doable.

The portable tanning kit from Skyrim is the one I am most familiar with. That is where you can either make leather out of stuff, or make stuff from leather. It would, certainly, lighten the load. As to a scrapping box, I think it might an okay thing. Somethings weigh less as the original object than the pieces it makes. However, breaking down useless (raider) armor, and the equally useless, if not blow up in my face to use them, pipe pistols would be how I would use it. Break that stuff down quick.