Missing Textures

I just started playing New Vegas today, and I've had a lot of fun. So I got it into my head that it might be fun to mess and make a few mods. I then discovered that unlike morrowind, there were no Mesh or Texture folders. There are only .bsa files, and I have no idea what to do.

Could someone give me a helping hand?

http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/4229/whatdos.png

you can just add the Textures and Meshes folders into the data directory and they work just like in previous games.

To edit the game's models or textures you will have to extract the .bsa archives somewhere. If you add anything to the game in the meshes or textures folders you will have to toggle archive invalidation, you can use FOMM for this.

i don't think they left in the weapons that where dropped. If you have fallout 3 you could re-add them yourself.

Edited by SpeedyB64

you can just add the Textures and Meshes folders into the data directory and they work just like in previous games.

To edit the game's models or textures you will have to extract the .bsa archives somewhere. If you add anything to the game in the meshes or textures folders you will have to toggle archive invalidation, you can use FOMM for this.

i don't think they left in the weapons that where dropped. If you have fallout 3 you could re-add them yourself.

Thanks. I'll try and make sense of this.