I can not enable 3840x2160 Windowed & Borderless?

LHM78

​So basically I have been having the very common micro stutter issues with Fallout 4. I am PC gaming this game on my 48" Samsung 4K TV with an i7 4790k cpu, 16gb ram and Nvidia GTX980ti.

I managed to fix the micro stuttering by 1) reducing the size of my desktop size,2) changing my Nvidia control panel from 3840x2160 (native) to 1920x1080, 3) select 1920x1080 at the Fallout 4 first menu screen and a4) select WINDOWED & BORDERLESS. The game then runs 60fps silky smooth, full screen with no micro stuttering at all, great. BUT, its a bit of a pain in the a$$ to keep changing my settings like that everytime I want to play this game. I can not for the life of me find a way to run this game 3840x2160 windowed and borderless on a full screen. Can you help? The reason I want to run Windowed & Borederless is I believe this is the way to eliminate the micro stuttering. I can run this game 3840x2160 windowed & borederless but it only fits part of my TV screen, not full screen. Any help much appreciated.

So basically what I want is this: 3840x2160, windowed & borederless, FULL SCREEN!

Hi

Dose your TV have hdmi 2.0 or displayport input? Can your cable handle 60hz? Your none stutter setup needs only 30hz.

This time last year I went 4k.

I went with a monitor because at the time the 4k TVs did not have 60hz inputs. I use Win 7 & I had lots of issues without a monitor driver. Fortunately the Samsung UD590 came with a disk & most of my problems were solved. It is the first time since the 1990s that installing a monitor driver mattered. Check your TVs manufacturer for firmware updates or PC drivers.

Fallout 4 is the first modern game that I have had resolutions issues. It plays fine at 3840x2160 because that is the resolution I have Windows set at. If I play at 1440 the game jumps to the top left in the screen. I can only play at 1440 if I set Windows at 1440. Fallout 3, NV & Skyrim do not have this problem.

I also use a 980 ti & I have had no stutter in this game. It will micro stutter if there are 2 sources of vsync. If you haven't all ready, try without vsync.

Later

Hi

Dose your TV have hdmi 2.0 or displayport input? Can your cable handle 60hz? Your none stutter setup needs only 30hz.

This time last year I went 4k.

I went with a monitor because at the time the 4k TVs did not have 60hz inputs. I use Win 7 & I had lots of issues without a monitor driver. Fortunately the Samsung UD590 came with a disk & most of my problems were solved. It is the first time since the 1990s that installing a monitor driver mattered. Check your TVs manufacturer for firmware updates or PC drivers.

Fallout 4 is the first modern game that I have had resolutions issues. It plays fine at 3840x2160 because that is the resolution I have Windows set at. If I play at 1440 the game jumps to the top left in the screen. I can only play at 1440 if I set Windows at 1440. Fallout 3, NV & Skyrim do not have this problem.

I also use a 980 ti & I have had no stutter in this game. It will micro stutter if there are 2 sources of vsync. If you haven't all ready, try without vsync.

Later

hi there, thanks for your input. I can confirm my TV DOES support 4k @ 60hz and is hdmi 2.0. I am also using a hi speed (18kbps) cable. I have tinkering around with settings and even the fallout 4 config program for days now. I CAN get it to run silky smooth with ZERO micro stuttering when set to 1920x1080 and get 60fps, but when I change the resolution any higher than this I get micro stutter. I have googled this and changed many settings for days and I can not get this game to run silky smooth above 1920x1080. I give up, its defeated me and that makes me sad!

Edited by LHM78

right, i have FINALLY got to the bottom of it. I have Fallout 4 running at 60fps, 3840x2160 60hz with NO screen tear and NO micro stuttering. I basically added iFPSClamp=60 to display and general settings. Everything is set to Ultra and it now runs like SILK. I have spent MANY hours on this fix!!

• 1 year later...

right, i have FINALLY got to the bottom of it. I have Fallout 4 running at 60fps, 3840x2160 60hz with NO screen tear and NO micro stuttering. I basically added iFPSClamp=60 to display and general settings. Everything is set to Ultra and it now runs like SILK. I have spent MANY hours on this fix!!

Dude... holy s#*!..

I know this is a necro thread but this advice worked perfectly for me.

I've got a GTX1080ti running a 4k monitor with a cheap second card running two 1920x1080 monitors. I have been struggling for MONTHS to get a stable framerate in Fallout 4 with the high rez texture pack installed

Adding these two measly lines to my INI did it! I went from 50 fps with spikes down to 20 to a smooth 60 ALL THE TIME! You're my f****** hero