Major scripted sequences (like Roggvir execution)

ormondroydj

Can anyone give me a list of the other scripted event sequences in cities (if any) there are like Roggvirs Execution? This is my first playthough and ive just entered Solitude for the first time and Roggvir execution didnt fire/ had a lot of missing NPCs which im going to find and bring back to solitude proper via the console (most likely caused by unistalling Open Cities). But i was only aware that i missed it because the 2 remaining NPCs where hanging around behaving oddly. Are there any other sequences in city spaces like that so i can fix them if i missed them as well? Many thanks.

Edited by ormondroydj

unistalling Open Cities

Well there you go. I doubt OCS' author recommends uninstalling the mod once your game is underway because stuff like this is what you can expect. If you've ever tried transferring things from the vanilla closed worldspace into the open worldspace, you'll know what to expect after uninstallation.

More to the point, the other cities are less sensitive regarding scripted events when you visit them for the first time. Except Markarth, which triggers a scene that's meant to tie into a longer quest.

Windhelm - scene with two Nords and a Dunmer to establish some level of racial hostility. Doesn't affect any major quests.

Whiterun - scene between Adrianne and another NPC. Again, not crucial to a main quest.

Riften - scene with Mjoll and whatshisname, not cruical except to establish Riften's corruption.

Solitude's execution scene is the only one I know that can cripple a lot of ordinary NPCs if it doesn't fire off correctly.

which im going to find and bring back to solitude proper via the console (most likely caused by unistalling Open Cities). But i was only aware that i missed it because the 2 remaining NPCs where hanging around behaving oddly. Are there any other sequences in city spaces like that so i can fix them if i missed them as well? Many thanks.

Okay, two things:

1) if you are going to use the console like that, you are going to break a lot of things.

2) if you're going to uninstall complex mods and not go back to a savegame from before you installed the mod, you are going to break a lot of things.

If you value things like working quests and a relatively stable game over time as your character progresses, don't do these things. If you're just messing around and going to start a new save anyway, have at it.

Many thanks for the information both of you. Yes uninstalling Open Cities mid game definitely was my bad, the trouble is that a lot of other mods require compatibility patches and making sure they were all up to date and everything was working in perfect harmony seemed like an awful lot of faff to effectively just bypass a 5 second loading screen. I also wish the author mentioned the serious pitfalls uninstalling Open Cities mid playthough somewhere on the front page description rather than buried in the readme but that's another matter.

I havent tried this yet but i plan to use the moveto player on the offending NPCs before i enter Solitude for the first time while outside Solitude in the hope that they will eventually wander back to their original starting locations and then use setstage SolitudeOpening 300 or 200 for good messure.

Thankfully i've already been to Markath, I know the sequence you mean, which is just as well as I really enjoyed that quest.

Thanks for your advice.