Unable to Start Game. (Steam)

Hello, Nexus. Recently, I decided to empty out all my mods (Uninstalling, deleting folder, etc) and reinstalling the game to its pure form. But when I got finished re-installing it, without mods, what happens is rather quite bizarre.

Whenever I launch the launcher, it will always reset and say "Fallout New Vegas will now detect your video hardware and set video options accordingly." To where it says it scans and says it will go to Ultra Mode by default, of course. But whenever I press PLAY, it either relaunches the launcher to where it does the exact same to what I do when I launch, or it will load, but not launch the game at all.

I've tried tinkering with the graphics setting, trying Low/Medium/High, and Custom, but nothing seems to work.

If any of you fine people here at the Nexus Forum have any details on what might be wrong, I'd be much obliged.

You could try varyfing the install just incase. Right click your FONV icon on steam and properties, then local files. Or try deleting your INI file stored in my ocuments>my games>fallout new vegas.

You could try varyfing the install just incase. Right click your FONV icon on steam and properties, then local files. Or try deleting your INI file stored in my ocuments>my games>fallout new vegas.

I went to properties and ran a Verify files action on the game, and it said it was missing only a single item. Coincidentally, I hunted for the INI file, and I couldn't find it... Deleting the folder to make way for a reinstall couldn't have permanently deleted it, could it have?

... Deleting the folder to make way for a reinstall couldn't have permanently deleted it, could it have?

I did exactly the same thing recently and asked myself that same question when the folder wasn't there after reinstalling, but the folder and ini were recreated once I ran the game.

... Deleting the folder to make way for a reinstall couldn't have permanently deleted it, could it have?

I did exactly the same thing recently and asked myself that same question when the folder wasn't there after reinstalling, but the folder and ini were recreated once I ran the game.

Interesting... If only I could run the game, though.

The ini is created the first time you run the game. not being there will not prevent it from starting. But until it is created you will get that detecting video message.