nifskope texture problem

theuseless

When I try to change a texture in NifSkope, it changes all the textures with the same name. I had thought that I was able to change textures individually in the past. When I looked up the texture in Texture Replacer, it says there are only 6 textures assigned, but in NifSkope there are 12 slots (NiTriShape). If anybody out there know how to make this happen, I have poured over NifSkope alchemy and googled it to death...

The way I get around this, and I don't know if it's "correct" but it works:

Open the same .nif in 2 different instances of nifskope. Let's say you have gloves, boots, and a helm that all share the same texture properties. Delete these 3 items from one of your nifskope windows. In the other, change the name of the glove material to 'glove' then change them to the texture you want them to be. Copy and paste the gloves from that window to the one you deleted the items out of. Repeat the steps for the remaining items. When you've got all 3 copied over they should each have different material names and will no longer be linked together when you change textures. Be sure to save your .nif in the correct window when you're finished. Hope this helps.

Razorpony