[Request] Multi-Player mod Please

zenokblueraven

This is the biggest shortcoming of DD -- no co-op functionality. Clearly Crapclown did this in preparation for the MMO iteration of the game. But, it still leaves the first game sorely lacking, especaially given the presence of the pawns... which mostly suck and in no way make up for the lack of co-op play.

In the past, I would have scoffed at such a request for a single-player game. But, given what's been done with both Just Cause 2 and 3, methinks co-op isn't beyond the realms of possibility... if the right (knowledgeable) people are interested in this game enough.. which is a big 'if'.

This is the biggest shortcoming of DD -- no co-op functionality. Clearly Crapclown did this in preparation for the MMO iteration of the game. But, it still leaves the first game sorely lacking, especaially given the presence of the pawns... which mostly suck and in no way make up for the lack of co-op play.

In the past, I would have scoffed at such a request for a single-player game. But, given what's been done with both Just Cause 2 and 3, methinks co-op isn't beyond the realms of possibility... if the right (knowledgeable) people are interested in this game enough.. which is a big 'if'.

Oh its absolutely within the realm of possibility, i just cant believe anybody would be crazy enough to do all that work for free and risk being sued by capcom (modding in the case of japanese devs is a matter of tolerance, not support. Once you start making a multiplayer mod you are actively creating competition to their MMO title while using their copyrighted material.)

Just Cause runs on a more moddable engine and the guys who made the multiplayer obviously had some kind of support or at least approval from the devs.

Clearly Crapclown did this in preparation for the MMO iteration of the game.

Clearly they have been making single-player game, but some crapclowns just fail to understand such concept :confused:

Clearerly Crapclown put "A.I." devoid, dumbot pawns in the game because... you know, it's fun to play with inane CPU, pack mule allies the player has next to zer0 control over and who repeat the same few lines over and over and over (and OVER!!), instead of with real life thinking beings.

...And, of course, the subsequent DD MMO that they developed was just a matter of pure happenstance and coincidence and nothing to do with the seeming omission of co-op play in DD... https://i.imgur.com/AoxZ3yB.gif.

Edited by Sablicious

Just Cause runs on a more moddable engine and the guys who made the multiplayer obviously had some kind of support or at least approval from the devs.Oh its absolutely within the realm of possibility, i just cant believe anybody would be crazy enough to do all that work for free and risk being sued by capcom (modding in the case of japanese devs is a matter of tolerance, not support. Once you start making a multiplayer mod you are actively creating competition to their MMO title while using their copyrighted material.)

Oh, I'm sure cravenly, avaricious Crapclown would have their viron lawyers out en masse. But they'd have to FIND those creating the mod; in the same way they have to FIND those cracking games for pirating. ...And in the Age of the Internet, everything is easy to find but people responsible. (Just ask "ISIS"...!)

Edited by Sablicious