No attributes? Am I the only one Worried?

BladeValant546

I think it's really cool. All the Skyrim gameplay features seems toward only 1 goal; Mixed & Blended style of gameplay while detailed character customization.

There are no class regulation so we can enjoy rich mix of range/melee/magic. Skill & level up advancement has gone fairy freewheeling. Simple attributes will work as more organic bridge instead of stat accumulating and equipment restriction. From that open-substructure, the perks will be the main role of enhanced character operation.

Easy access to everything but more In-depth. This is the future generation of RPG!

Exactly, can you imagine playing DnD like this? I think it would be great!

How exactly is it that my druid suddenly becomes this druid and has all these skills and spells? I could create a back story for him, sure. But I think it would be cool for him to learn things as he goes and actually be able to play his back story.

Skyrim seems to be doing this for me, and I dont mind a bit.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's really cool. All the Skyrim gameplay features seems toward only 1 goal; Mixed & Blended style of gameplay while detailed character customization.

There are no class regulation so we can enjoy rich mix of range/melee/magic. Skill & level up advancement has gone fairy freewheeling. Simple attributes will work as more organic bridge instead of stat accumulating and equipment restriction. From that open-substructure, the perks will be the main role of enhanced character operation.

Easy access to everything but more In-depth. This is the future generation of RPG!

How exactly is it that my druid suddenly becomes this druid and has all these skills and spells? I could create a back story for him, sure. But I think it would be cool for him to learn things as he goes and actually be able to play his back story.

Well see I suppose :dry: But I still cannot feel that this a mistake, and gonna make leveling to easy.

What's the difference? If Strength is used to give a damage bonus and instead you give them the damage bonus directly, no difference. I like everything I have heard about the new leveling system, no more skill spamming just to level up decently.

All those skills affect more than damage dude.

I realize you think your smarter than everyone who disagrees with you but I know that, it was an example.

What's the difference? If Strength is used to give a damage bonus and instead you give them the damage bonus directly, no difference. I like everything I have heard about the new leveling system, no more skill spamming just to level up decently.

All those skills affect more than damage dude.

I realize you think your smarter than everyone who disagrees with you but I know that, it was an example.

Not meant as an insult, you did not give an indication that is was an example nor that you knew, besides remember people communicate differently, so it was not an insult. And no I do not think I am smarter I judge by content of people post and if all they say are Your mistaken and whatever, or simply put a vague answer that is all I have to go off of. Its just a trend that i happening in all games that will make ES just like the mainstream market.

DnD is a party based game at least 3 or more member are recommended. The vital part of its gameplay fun is sharing and dividing their roles like soccer play. But in TES, I haven't much felt it. ;)

I think there will be some hardcore mod that balance between the branches, or class revival movements kinda that for the taste. Me, I just love how recent games go to be more intuitive than numeral.

Edited by midtek

@BladeValant546

When you start with:

Its a major concern, and please drones don't defend this this is NOT a good idea and its completely a dumbing down tactic.

You are implying that you are correct and that anyone who disagrees is a stupid fanboy. I like what they have done with the changes so far. I mean do full grown adults actually increase in Intelligence? They may increase knowledge but that is a different thing entirely.

Edited by csgators

@BladeValant546

you start with:

Its a major concern, and please drones don't defend this this is NOT a good idea and its completely a dumbing down tactic.

You are implying that you are correct and that anyone who disagrees is a stupid fanboy. I like what they have done with the changes so far. I mean do full grown adults actually increase in Intelligence? They may increase knowledge but that is a different thing entirely.

Sigh...are you a drone....A drone defend something with out evidence they dont even good reason they will scream thing like STUT UP or adapt etc. Now...if you have a good reason to why these are removed and can be work then show them instead of starting an argument on something that is a matter of perception...I never called you stupid....I called drones stupid.

DnD is a party based game at least 3 or more member are recommended. The vital part of its gameplay fun is sharing and dividing their roles like soccer play. But in TES, I haven't much felt it. ;)

I think there will be some hardcore mod that balance between the branches, or class revival movements kinda that for the taste. Me, I just love how recent games go to be more intuitive than numeral.

Guess you right in that aspect have to wait for the mods. Just concerned just did not want blind followers I wanted a decent discussion.

You make a good point. In mulit-player games it can be important and even part of the fun to have someone with a pre-defined role. But in single player games that importance is significantly reduced, and so greater freedom can be granted with deciding exactly how you want to become whatever it is you want to be.

You make a good point. In mulit-player games it can be important and even part of the fun to have someone with a pre-defined role. But in single player games that importance is significantly reduced, and so greater freedom can be granted with deciding exactly how you want to become whatever it is you want to be.

Yea He does make a valid point in the regard to intuitive, It might be good just I do not know how in depth it will be. My fear is that it going to be to much cut and dry, than gradual and situations like that. I feel I have a valid concern I just wish these thing would be discuss with fan prior to a design change of this magnitude.