Scripting Problem

Beerto

I'm currently trying to make a water bottling mod (A mod that lets you bottle water from watersources), to train my scripting - as I am very new to it.

So, after going through the script commands I found "begin onMagicEffectHit", though it doesnt seem to work ( I can't save the script as long as that line is in it)

Anyways, heres my script, please tell me why I'm having theese problems. Again, I am a newbie to scripting, so any sort of help would be greatly appreciated.

scriptname BGESSFillPurified

Begin onMagicEffectHit WaterHeal1Purified
if Player.GetItemCount BGESSEmptyBottle >= 1
Player.AddItem BGESSBottlePurified 1
Player.RemoveItem BGESSEmptyBottle 1
ShowMessage BGESSBottleFill
endif
End

Have you looked at the mods that already do this effect to see if they already have the answer to your difficulty?

Also posts like ths should be posted in the troubleshooting forums since that is the forum designed specifically for questions.

But anyways. After you look at the other mods like "Bottle That Water Mod" etc. and fix your problem

I'd recommend reading "How To Become A Fallout Modder" which is in my forum signature. It's linked to lots of tutorials to help new modders or players on modding and scripting so that they can eventually create any kind of mod they want.

Note..... Please read the whole thread (or search through it with the search bar) before posting. It's bad for the thread when people post the same questions over and over when they already have been answered.

Edited by simplywayne90

What is the script running on?

Also, i've never seen OnMagicEffectHit used in a Fallout script - not sure it works.

You might be able to do this with an activation perk that triggers on water sources (if that's available, I don't have access to the Geck ATM). then swap the empty bottle for the full one in the result script of the perk.