ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Really need help

dedem13

Hi everyone! I just bought new vegas yesterday and I'm having a few problems with my mods. What happened was that i downloaded project nevada, worked fine, so i decided to download a weapon mod close to goodsprings. i chose the M82 Barrett sniper http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=34875 but when i got it and equipped it, there was a red square with a white exclamation mark around me and no weapon, anyone know why this is? Also im having problem with the fallout mod manager, it always crashes when i open it, its saved a crash dump so if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated

Crash dump

Tuesday, 19 April 2011 - 9:21:53 PM

Fomm 0.13.21

OS version: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7600.0

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\InstallLog.xml' is denied.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)

at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)

at System.Xml.XmlTextWriter..ctor(String filename, Encoding encoding)

at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Save(String filename)

at Fomm.PackageManager.ModInstallLog.InstallLog.Save()

at Fomm.PackageManager.ModInstallLog.InstallLog.Load()

at Fomm.PackageManager.ModInstallLog.InstallLog..ctor()

at Fomm.Program.Main(String[] args)

Hi everyone! I just bought new vegas yesterday and I'm having a few problems with my mods. What happened was that i downloaded project nevada, worked fine, so i decided to download a weapon mod close to goodsprings. i chose the M82 Barrett sniper http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=34875 but when i got it and equipped it, there was a red square with a white exclamation mark around me and no weapon, anyone know why this is? Also im having problem with the fallout mod manager, it always crashes when i open it, its saved a crash dump so if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated

Crash dump

Tuesday, 19 April 2011 - 9:21:53 PM

Fomm 0.13.21

OS version: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7600.0

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\InstallLog.xml' is denied.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)

at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)

at System.Xml.XmlTextWriter..ctor(String filename, Encoding encoding)

at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Save(String filename)

at Fomm.PackageManager.ModInstallLog.InstallLog.Save()

at Fomm.PackageManager.ModInstallLog.InstallLog.Load()

at Fomm.PackageManager.ModInstallLog.InstallLog..ctor()

at Fomm.Program.Main(String[] args)

sounds like the mesh or texture files didnt make it to the right directory.

make sure to pay close attention to the install directions different modders use.

although most use the same method which allows you to extract the archive to the data folder.

although if FOMM isnt running it may be an issue with archive invalidation (FOMM fixes this automatically now)

and about FOMM seems from the error code you have access restrictions. Look to the FOMM page there may something in there about this or maybe you just need to check user permissions for running it

hope this helps somehow.

hey guys i need help dnt kno too much about computers i bought Fallout NV for pc tonite but the damned thing wont install at all i put it in the disc drive but nothing happens plz help

congrats on your purchase!

click start and go to computer.

find the drive with NV in it.

right-click and goto autoplay.

it should fire up now.