Script for android programming holotapes

devinpatterson

Just don't waste your time on perks - perks only work on the player.

I don't believe so. Here is a segment of script that runs when the mother deathclaws babies are killed and the mother is enraged;

QJDeathclawMotherRef.AddPerk PsychoPerk

QJDeathclawMotherRef.AddPerk AdamantiumSkeleton

QJDeathclawMotherRef.AddPerk BetterCriticals

Its actually what gave me the idea to sort of turn it around a little on the player. A chance for the player to battle a opponent that

has abilities like him or herself.

Although to be fair by far the majority of perks wouldn't make sense on a npc.

You can addperk to any actor - the script compiles. You can even do it at the console with the formID. If you leave the console, then go back and use 'HasPerk' with formID it comes back zero. It doesn't stick.

It's easy enough to test.

What about actor effect I have seen quite many for instance ranger toughness used on npcs?

actor effects work fine.

I don't believe so. Here is a segment of script

You can addperk to any actor - the script compiles. You can even do it at the console with the formID. If you leave the console, then go back and use 'HasPerk' with formID it comes back zero. It doesn't stick.

It's easy enough to test.

Weird you think the developers would have picked up on that. But in any case, so I could just make actor effects that have the same bonuses as the perk (where possible) and they should do the trick?

Weird you think the developers would have picked up on that. But in any case, so I could just make actor effects that have the same bonuses as the perk (where possible) and they should do the trick?

Yes. I would just make a script on the actor that applied/maintained/removed actor effects to itself depending on what holotape was in it's inventory.

The reason I say 'maintained' is I've seen actor effects on NPCs go away when going from an interior cell to exterior sometimes. Just have a part in the script that checks (IsSpellTarget) to make sure they still have the effect that they are supposed to have. If not, then re-apply it.

Yes. I would just make a script on the actor that applied/maintained/removed actor effects to itself depending on what holotape was in it's inventory.

The reason I say 'maintained' is I've seen actor effects on NPCs go away when going from an interior cell to exterior sometimes. Just have a part in the script that checks (IsSpellTarget) to make sure they still have the effect that they are supposed to have. If not, then re-apply it.

Wasn't aware I'd have to keep an eye out for them no longer being in effect :pinch:

Sometimes I get this feeling the geck is just held together with duck tape and spit.

Thanks for the info I appreciate it

Edited by devinpatterson