Companions and difficulty.

Ghoulz

I was thinking on taking 1-2 companions along for the ride and Im concerned about the difficulty. Setting the difficulty all the way up would help, maybe(I don't know if difficulty buffs companion NPCs), but I don't like taking a dirt nap after taking just 2 blows all the while my killer has 11 arrows in his body(4 in the head).

Any suggestions that would balance stuff out?

Also, what's the best death mod? Since this game is so fragile to constant reloading.

I use Mart's Monster Mod and Francesco's Leveled Creatures. With these you can take a party of companions with you and have enough enemies to keep everyone busy without setting the damage ratio any higher than the default.

Sorry I'm not including any links; the files are too large for Nexus so I generally had to Google to find them.

If you're a masocist, install FCOM... it puts together a bunch of mods that make things harder. It will take a dungeon that formerly had about 4 bandits in it that you fougth one on one, and fill it with several groups of 6-8 bandits who are well equipped and fairly ferocious. Even with my crew of 4 companions, I have trouble in there.

There's all kind of versions and types and SI this and that so it's all kinda confusing(don't have SI btw). Is Francesco's Leveled creatures an OMOD? How do you choose *options* from a single file.

What's the way smaller Francesco's Leveled Creatures file about?

Also, do these cause any FPS slowdown?

Hey c'mon, don't bail on me now. I need insight :sad:

Edited by Ghoulz

There's all kind of versions and types and SI this and that so it's all kinda confusing(don't have SI btw). Is Francesco's Leveled creatures an OMOD? How do you choose *options* from a single file.

What's the way smaller Francesco's Leveled Creatures file about?

Also, do these cause any FPS slowdown?

Hey c'mon, don't bail on me now. I need insight :sad:

Francesco's has two files that are required: one contains the plug-in files and the larger one is the textures and meshes. You need both.

When installing Francesco's you will be given a number of options to customize it to your liking, and I'm pretty sure there are both SI and non-SI versions.

All the extra enemies could indeed cause some FPS loss in melees with mobs, but the quantity of enemies can be adjusted and if it turns out you don't like the mod or are unable to use it uninstalling it is fairly easy.

Advanced AI scripts won't cause a slowdown? Well I guess it's not as extreme as a RTS game. I have an AI mod for Dawn of War and it makes a noticable different in the framerate.

So where in the load order should this go? Just below the Main file?

I guess I don't need Emu's Marksman Advanced mod or that Real Time mod anymore... or more gold in chests mod n' w/e.

Advanced AI scripts won't cause a slowdown? Well I guess it's not as extreme as a RTS game. I have an AI mod for Dawn of War and it makes a noticable different in the framerate.

So where in the load order should this go? Just below the Main file?

I guess I don't need Emu's Marksman Advanced mod or that Real Time mod anymore... or more gold in chests mod n' w/e.

I doubt that the AI scripts are that advanced.http://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/tongue.gif The only thing that I noted causing a drop in framerate was the simple fact that there will be more NPCs in dungeon cells. Also, the more companions you have with you (and especially if they're wearing lots of shiny custom outfits) will have an impact on FPS.

Put Francesco's somewhere near the end of your load order and you should be fine. If you use it with MMM I think it should load before MMM since there are versions of MMM specifically designed to work with Francesco's.