Requesting Assistance

dragonasp

Hello,

I'm looking for direction to someone who could make some meshes and textures for me, I have recently had to bury one of our beloved pets and I was hoping someone could make her likeness in a mesh and textures that I could put in game. She was a tiny little dog, half Maltese, half Chihuahua. I would provide pictures and a video for someone who could do this for me. She would sit on my shoulder and watch while I played Oblivion and I thought this would be a good tribute to her. Any assistance anyone could give would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Edited by dragonasp

My sympathies for your loss. *hugs.* I wish I could do this, but it's beyond my abilities. I am still not over losing my 18 year old cat. It was like losing a sister. I think it's difficult for people to understand how deep the grief is if they have never had a pet that was really close to them. This sounds like a good idea and a beautiful tribute. I hope someone will make her for you.

Once you have your dog mesh, you may be able to use THIS mod as a basis for adding her into the game - it seemed like the most "realistic" of the "companion dog" mods

I found a video on the internet that features an animated chihuahua made in Blender and textures with Gimp. Those programs are commonly used to make Oblivion mods. Here is the clip with the person's contact link. Please don't worry when the robot shows up. The video gets scary at one point, but the little dog wins. http://vimeo.com/2112870 I am not sure if that is close in shape to your beloved girl because I know she was part Maltese, but if it is, perhaps the person who made it might give permission for a modder here to convert it. I saw another model of a chihuahua for 3DS Max, which is the program I think the game designers used, but it was very expensive. :(

I found a video on the internet that features an animated chihuahua made in Blender and textures with Gimp. Those programs are commonly used to make Oblivion mods. Here is the clip with the person's contact link. Please don't worry when the robot shows up. The video gets scary at one point, but the little dog wins. http://vimeo.com/2112870 I am not sure if that is close in shape to your beloved girl because I know she was part Maltese, but if it is, perhaps the person who made it might give permission for a modder here to convert it. I saw another model of a chihuahua for 3DS Max, which is the program I think the game designers used, but it was very expensive. :(

Thanks, I've checked out the video, it's very good, the dog looks like a brown version of my dog's dad. The body would match her too I believe. I'm trying to find out how to contact the maker of the video.

Aw, beautiful little girl. I hope that the maker of the video can help you. If I knew how to do it, I would not have been able to resist after seeing the image.

I hope so too. She was a very happy little dog, she never met anyone she couldn't be friends with, well, except children. she disliked children. Too grabby.