Something fromt he trailer I haven't heard discussed yet.

stars2heaven

So the voice of the narrator is that of the elderly Blades member (I forget the characters name) But who is he talking to?

The beginning of the trailer starts out with him saying "You should have acted. They're already here." Who should have acted, and what is it they were supposed to do? Prevent or prepare for the dragons return?

It sounds to me like he is telling someone, "See I told you so. Now we're screwed unless you find this Dovakiin guy."

Could this be spoken dialogue directly from the game? Or perhaps a version of it? I can imagine him saying this before a council of Nord leaders, or perhaps a particular ruler. It sounds so good to me I half expect it to be in the game somewhere.

I was wondering that too. I would hazard a guess he is speaking to the nobles/rulers who were too busy worrying about the taking the throne to listen to a blade.

His name is Esbern. There's some speculation that he is speaking to the Elder Council in that clip, but there is no confirmation on that.

It sounds as if the Council has turned their backs on the Elder Scrolls, and are going to pay for it...big time.

Just as an afterthought... :biggrin:

The civil war in Skyrim was the straw that broke the camel's back. All events from the previous games led up to this crisis, sure...but it had to be kicked off by the civil war, "when the sons of Skyrim would spill their own blood."

The prophecy from Game Informer reinforces this: "And the scrolls have foretold of black wings in the cold that when brothers wage war come unfurled."

Esbern may be a little incensed that the Council did nothing to protect the King of Skyrim, whose assassination is what kicks of the civil war. Essentially, he's placing the blame on them for the problems to come.

Edited by AurianaValoria1

Just as an afterthought... :biggrin:

The civil war in Skyrim was the straw that broke the camel's back. All events from the previous games led up to this crisis, sure...but it had to be kicked off by the civil war, "when the sons of Skyrim would spill their own blood."

The prophecy from Game Informer reinforces this: "And the scrolls have foretold of black wings in the cold that when brothers wage war come unfurled."

Esbern may be a little incensed that the Council did nothing to protect the King of Skyrim, whose assassination is what kicks of the civil war. Essentially, he's placing the blame on them for the problems to come.

That's really good. I like that take.