Power armor mounted weapons

PhasedTM

I could see energy weapon mounts/turrets being "unlimited" in the sense it would be tied to a fusion core (which would eventually need to be replaced).

I hadn't considered the legendary weapon type for "fire til you run out of ammo of that type" mod - but that actually makes a lot of sense for this idea. Essentially tying the ammo to however much you have in your inventory. Good idea!

If someone could add a weapon mesh to the right arm armor mesh of say the t-60 or any/all of them, then we can make a pistol 10mm/laser/plasma and use the no mesh dummy the robot weapons have. Matching up projectile node to the armor is fairly easy. Adding a gauss rifle, or gatling laser or even machinegun would be cool. I have tried and failed in nifskope, i have a feeling blender or something would be required, and which I don't have time to master.

The power armor 3d animations match up nicely with an 1 handed arm mounted weapon. If someone could make the mesh, I could make the weapon/armor standalone and craftable. It would be better if it was like a combi weapon mesh with flamer, barrel and laser so you could create multiple weapons that 'work' off the same arm, at least until the geck arrives.

If you use the helmet mod or scopes that mark targets you've aimed it, you could have it auto track and fire at them when they're in range and have line of sight. Having a hotkey to turn it off and on would be good. But I think having to designate to the system which targets to fire at would help balance it out. Just make it a torso mod slot that you can build the weapons into.

All good ideas. Ultimately it will end up being the best choices that can actually built using the tools that are (or become) available.

I'm wondering if it would be possible to combine some ideas presented in this thread - like using a hotkey to "mark" a target or multiple targets (the higher the perk - maybe using science - the more markable targets?). I still would like to have a HUD element where you could toggle certain weapon systems on/off like say Mechwarrior/Battletech for example, and this could be hotkeyed/toggled with mouse or both...

• 2 weeks later...

i would love to see this. but i think if we has missiles/mini nukes it'll be to op. but be fun to morter a gang of super mutants and open fire with a assault rifle as the nuke falls. i would love the power armor be customized like in the armored core games on the ps3 for example XD laser weapons tied to the fusion core is great maybe a mod where it'll use less energy in daylight or a second fusion core for weapons like someone said earlier. as a ballistic weapon i'd like to see something like a flak gun or a 20mm cannon hehe :smile: for missiles we can use the target computer from the missile launcher.

i dont know how to create mods or code. just throwing ideas and giving my 2 cents. if this comes to be i might have to lessen player damage in survival mode a notch lol which i know theres a mod for now :smile:

also i would like to see jet "ports" across the back, make it more streamline then a large jet powered backpack. but im pretty sure that'll be unlikely. unless either someone builds a PA from scratch or redesigns the current ones all together. which be unlikely at the start but be pretty cool as an idea

Edited by dallasz09

• 2 years later...